Thread: Sell and Reparrallax nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32 for me

Sell and Reparrallax nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32 for me

Hello gents

Does anybody know a shop who can supply Nikon Pro staff and reparralax it down to 25m from 75m?

Not happy doing it myself.

If not, then will have to be the EFR from ratting

Cheers!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRLA View Post
    Hello gents

Does anybody know a shop who can supply Nikon Pro staff and reparralax it down to 25m from 75m?

Not happy doing it myself.

If not, then will have to be the EFR from ratting

Cheers!
    I think in the matter of a shop doing it is not a likely event as I am sure this will invalidate the scope warranty thus rendering it confined to the second hand market etc I am sure some top scope manufacturers' may do a scope that has this done ready for say HFT work,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Try Paul Burke in the Birmingham area - If he is still working he will be good for that kind of job - very competent & good prices too. I doubt that he would supply one though. He specializes in repair / collimation etc.
    Ian
    Last edited by Yorric; 25-02-2015 at 13:11.

Good point regarding the warranty.Also posting scopes is always a little risky.

Probably more sensible to buy the 3-9x40 EFR, rather than buying the 2-7x32 which needs sending off somewhere by post.

Should be good ratting tool either way

Cheers

Well I have one I would sell, but while winding the parallax down is easy on these nikons, locking the lens in position isn't.
    The lens carrier is sealed into the front ring, so simply unscrewing it 1/2 of a turn will sort you out, you can't easily wind the lock ring down to secure it.
    I did think of having it done a few years ago, but came to the conclusion that it needs doing by somebody who can fully strip and re-charge the scope.

Neil.

Sounds complicated Neil. Guess thats why they launched the EFR!
    Cheers
    James

Just buy the earlier version of the ProStaff and use it as it is, I say the earlier version as it is smaller, neater and appears to be better made.
    I really don't notice any down side to the 75 yard parallax in actual use, all it means is at 25 yards you need to stay away from full magnification for punching paper. For live targets you will never notice a problem. Mine is actually now back in it's box as I'm using a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x36 which has a 100 yard parallax, still no problems accept for paper punching, not something I do very often.

Neil.

If you are really needed precision target shooting, there are small scope made for that, with parallax adjustment.
    Bushnell Banner 3-9x32 AO with target knobs, with cams for .22 LR, and .17 rimfire

Burris makes several 3-9x32 AO and 4.5-14x32 AO, build for short magnums.

Hawke Sport HD 2-7x32 AO in duplex and in Mil Dot. I have one on a .22 now, and it is really sharp.

Leupold 3-9x33 EFR, expensive for a .22, but classy and centerfire rated.

I have used centerfire scopes on .22s for years, in order to make shooting them similar to centerfires with the same scopes: 6x42 Leupold, Tasco World Class 3-9x40, Burris FF2 in 3-9x40 and 2-7x32 Ballistic Plex. This last one is a terrific scope for most stalking, centerfire or rimfire.

Thanks Southern.

Seems simplest to get the 3-9x40 prostaff EFR.

Cheers
    Last edited by lambic; 01-03-2015 at 07:17.