Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for trade members

Question for trade members

Hi
    I'm new to stalking and, to complicate things, not living in the UK (but Belgium)
    I obtained my Belgian hunting license and am member of a sports shooting club (to keep practicing) but stalking opportunities are very scarce.
    I also don't mind traveling to the UK for stalking opportunities (having lived in the UK for 5y - looking for every opportunity to get back once in while)
    Now that I have put the effort into obtaining my license, I want to go out stalking and learn.

So my question;
    Would you, trade members, want to cater for overseas customers ?
    or is it in general just to much hassle (I can imagine that you don't know the background of our license, our experience, there is probably some additional paperwork to be done,...)

I can off course work thru Belgian agency's but would think their to be a possibility to work directly with you.

I reached out to 1 trade member here but got no reply - I was just wondering if thats because it is just too cumbersome to work with overseas customers and i would run into this every time
    In all fairness - so far I only contacted one trade member

Koen

Keep trying Koen,
    there are many trade members on here who DO take out foreign clients, in fact I'd guess that most of them do!
    no paperwork needed if you intend to use your stalking guides rifle, although if you bring your own you'll need a temporary permit (not sure of the procedure for getting one of these but don't think it is too onerous).

What area of the UK do you want to visit and what species are you interested in stalking for, we might be able to come up with some recommendations!

look through the classifieds for stalking oppertunitys,and pm the stalkers on there bear with it because a lot of times their pm boxes are full or they are busy so dont reply as quick as you would like but i think you will find quite a few,such as solwaystalker dumfries colin , yds john robinson yorkshire, cockerdog liddlesdale, sikamalc down south, muntjacstalker south wales, just a few
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by Ks68 View Post
    Hi
    I'm new to stalking and, to complicate things, not living in the UK (but Belgium)
    I obtained my Belgian hunting license and am member of a sports shooting club (to keep practicing) but stalking opportunities are very scarce.
    I also don't mind traveling to the UK for stalking opportunities (having lived in the UK for 5y - looking for every opportunity to get back once in while)
    Now that I have put the effort into obtaining my license, I want to go out stalking and learn.

So my question;
    or is it in general just to much hassle (I can imagine that you don't know the background of our license, our experience, there is probably some additional paperwork to be done,...)

I can off course work thru Belgian agency's but would think their to be a possibility to work directly with you.

I reached out to 1 trade member here but got no reply - I was just wondering if thats because it is just too cumbersome to work with overseas customers and i would run into this every time

Koen
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...p/461-sikamalc

Malcom would most likely be able to sort you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ks68 View Post
    Hi

So my question;

Koen
    Good evening Koen,

No problem at all, I have been taking overseas clients stalking deer in the U.K. of many years. You can use a rifle over here on the estate rifle system, or we can arrange for a FA Visitors Permit to bring your own rifle over. I have large leases with access to all the species of deer in the U.K. and arrange a full package from pick up and return to the nearest airport to shipping of trophies and taxidermy work.

I have 8 clients starting from tomorrow from Czech, Lithuania and Hungary over 9 days for CWD and Muntjac, I will have internet access so by all means PM me or you may call me on the mobile. Alternatively you may email me through my website UK Outfitters Deer Management

Best wishes

Malcolm
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Plenty will deal with European clients for my part when I was working (now retired)the majority ) of my clients were Belgian, if you wish to bring your own rifle you will need a Vistors Firearm Pass for which you will need a Uk resident to sponsor you whoever you book stalking with will do this for you its a simple procedure if you have a European Firearms Pass.

Unfortunatley your Belgian hunting license will not carry much weight in the UK, however it won't be needed if you are booking accompanied stalking, many Belgian people have formed syndicates and taken on leases in the UK
    many leases in the UK require stalkers to have DSC 1 or 2 UK qualifications, however the Belgian hunting organisation I believe it's called VSS in agreement with DMQ ( the UK authority )have been running courses and issuing certificates for some time now for information contact VSS and ask for Jef Shravers.

Many thanks for all the advice and quick responses
    I got several contacts thru the thread and PMs and am sure I can set-up several opportunities for stalking

to palmer_mike:
    no specific species and any location will do - south/north east is easy to access by car - Scotland by plane
    (the west of the England or Scotland far away from an airport might be more difficult)

Thanks all
    Koen

im not proud ill deal with anybody and currently ship to over 30 countries send us a pm and ill see if i can help you in any way if thats any help
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

John Robson of YDS (see deer stalking opportunities section) has many foreign clients on his books. Send him a PM you will not be disappointed. You might even be able to tag along with some of your countrymen and arrange a group visit.