Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cz512

Cz512

HI does anyone have an opinion on the cz512 or have used one that can help me , im about to take the plunge on a WMR cz512 although there's a 10 week wait , so I don't want to go through all the wait trouble and waste my cash on a load of junk like the recent remmy 597 has been with bits of plastic falling out and even with a new trigger group it jams and jams on quick follow up shot , It wont come threaded that's another 2 weeks on top , so may try and then get it threaded not decided that part just yet . The other option is a 455 wmr varmint but even that is a 2 week wait to be threaded , but I really want a semi wmr .

Don't have experience of the 512(I have 452 & brno 581 22lrs) but the CZ section of Rimfire Central I have found to be a really good source of info. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...splay.php?f=18

I don't own one but a friend of mine does - he loves it and says it tack drives up to 100 and further - hope this helps

I have been wanting one also.
    A shop in the City has one, dust covered for lack of 22WMR ammunition and they won't discount it despite the rifle having been on the rack for better than two years. I like it because it takes 452 magazines. I have CZ 611 22WMR and I love it, but the magazines are frighteningly expensive. The rifle itself is a true tack driver.~Muir

Thanks everyone , So they sound ok . I have a 452 17hmr not as pretty or refined as my weihrauch 17hmr but a good reliable rifle . Muir do they take the 452 mags if so even better as I say I have a 17hmr 452 , but I thought it was the 455 mags that fitted . Im also fearful of the polymer lower after the remmy saga , please say if I am wrong but does the bolt ride on alloy in the alloy upper and not on polymer , Sounds good so far so I think I will get one ordered and pray its on the early side of the waiting time of 8 weeks + 2wks to threaded + proofed , but I may have a play and then get it threaded later , as Edgars get them threaded here anyway , And as i live 10 mins if that from them here in Macclesfield , I think they get threaded at Cheshire gun rooms well that's what I was told by them at C.G.rooms , I wish I could handle one but no dealer round here has one in stock , so I really am relying on feed back from members here .

Hi Bongo
    Was your 597 a wmr or 22lr ?I have had Remington 597 in 22 WMR for a few years now never misfire once

I've had most of the semi auto 22s over the years. I now own a CZ512 and it is the most accurate semi I've had. I has given me no problems whatsoever.

Hi Bongo, I`ve got a Remy 597 in 22wmr, very accurate and feeds ammo well, but I`ve had the trigger jamming on a fast second shot, my local gunsmith told me to keep the trigger and working parts wet with a heavy gun oil, so far no problems.

Is this trigger jamming on the 22wmr Remington 597 a common fault? Tim.

Hi remmy it was a WMR , What was happening was the bolt hold open was jumping up and coming across the front of the bolt and jamming it open , the little bit of metal at the top of the mag well . with that tiny pin and spring . that was with a new complete trigger group . loved it other than that , I think the 22lr are fine its the WMR that have problems as they did with the HMR now withdrawn .

Got a rare invite to edgars today so that I could check out a 512 much nicer than in the pictures , they look bulky but far from it + 3yr warranty so im going to chance one in WMR (????) . But a 10 wk wait then +2wk's to be threaded and proofed unless its factory done otherwise edgars will do it in house . They have a WMR 455 heavy barrel in stock but that still needs threading , But only a 2wk wait , last option is a used 452 WMR used skinny barrel which I don't like 300 and threaded and can have it tomorrow . So got until Monday morning to decide , votes are going towards the 512 wmr , Im in such a dilemma as to live dangerous and get the 512 or play boring safe and get a 455 bolt , To have a full picture i have 2x HMR's + 1 xLR B/A , 2x semi LR's , 2x223 , so a WMR will be a nice addition in the tool box , but is it a bolt or semi .
    Last edited by bongo; 28-02-2015 at 00:31.

Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    Hi remmy it was a WMR , What was happening was the bolt hold open was jumping up and coming across the front of the bolt and jamming it open , the little bit of metal at the top of the mag well . with that tiny pin and spring . that was with a new complete trigger group . loved it other than that , I think the 22lr are fine its the WMR that have problems as they did with the HMR now withdrawn .

Got a rare invite to edgars today so that I could check out a 512 much nicer than in the pictures , they look bulky but far from it + 3yr warranty so im going to chance one in WMR (????) . But a 10 wk wait then +2wk's to be threaded and proofed unless its factory done otherwise edgars will do it in house . They have a WMR 455 heavy barrel in stock but that still needs threading , But only a 2wk wait , last option is a used 452 WMR used skinny barrel which I don't like 300 and threaded and can have it tomorrow . So got until Monday morning to decide , votes are going towards the 512 wmr , Im in such a dilemma as to live dangerous and get the 512 or play boring safe and get a 455 bolt , To have a full picture i have 2x HMR's + 1 xLR B/A , 2x semi LR's , 2x223 , so a WMR will be a nice addition in the tool box , but is it a bolt or semi .
    I won't own a 455.
    I have a CZ 452 American with the "skinny barrel". It's the most accurate 22WMR I own. This was 5 shots off of a camera tripod at 75 yards, forend rest only.~Muir