Getting a Mauser double trigger out

DRN

Hi there can any one help here.

I have installed a Timney trigger to my Mauser 98 I can't get the double trigger out of the guard.

The rear pin (black) knocked out fine. The forward pin (silver)trigger 2.jpgtrigger 3.jpgtrigger.jpg looks like its maybe been replaced and is also bent. Ive tried to show whats going on in these pictures. The front pin looks like its moved up as the piece Im using to attempt to knock it through with is travelling under it!

Whats the best way to get this out ???

Photos have gone upside down but the middle one and last show the problem pin on its bad side and the other side.

Will I have to take it to someone with a pillar drill and drill it out?

Thanks in advance

Nick

Can you buff the head of the pin with the likes of a Dremel or similar until you remove enough material to drive it out?

That is not an original Mauser Double-set trigger. There is too little space in the front of the guard. Although not original, you might sell it so better to find another guard rather than take this one apart. Don't know about the value but it does not have much.

SS

Last edited:
As others have pointed out , I'd buy a replacement trigger guard / floor plate assembly . If you can wait a few weeks , I'll be back in Canada and I'll send you one , on me . I've got quite a few and I'm sure to have one that'll work just fine . Besides , even if you do manage to remove the double trigger assembly , it will leave a large opening inside the trigger guard . It would allow dirt and other nasty things to get into your trigger assembly . Drop me a pm if your interested . It may take me a few days to get back to you , the area I'm in has unreliable Internet access .
AB

All sorted thanks for the replies gents. Helston Gunsmiths got it apart, a big thanks to Rommel there. New trigger working great just need to get out and zero it. Alberta boy, thanks very much for the kind offer.

Hi nick

hope you like the Mauser when you have it all set up with the new single trigger

lee

Back