Thread: Credit where it's due again for James (JagerSA)

Credit where it's due again for James (JagerSA)

Met up with James yesterday and collected my WMR and 22-250 that he's done some work on.

The Savage 110 22-250 needed the existing end taking off due to the previous owner leaving the mod on and it being corroded so has had a re-thread and crown. I'm hoping that this will now shoot the PPU ammo better as it only previously liked federal so I'll update when I get chance to try it. For now I've taken the old Hawke scope off and replaced it with a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40. Has anyone had experience of these on a CF rifle, bearing in mind the 22-250 is relatively mild recoil wise?

Next up is my CZ452 WMR which he shortened to 14", re-thread and crowned, machined off the rear sight as it was awkward fitting scopes low down and ceracoated the barrel and action. I picked up a Simmons WTC of the bay of evil for a bargain and it matches the rifle colour nicely! I might get the mounts done at some point if I'm passing and James is mixing up the same colour again as I think it will look a treat! I am no engineer but I think the work looks bob on I think you'll agree!

So thanks again matey and it's nice to get good quality work done for a decent price,

Cheers

Stratts

Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

god help those foxes,nicely done,doug,
    DONT START

Certainly 2 nice looking rifles now! It'll be interesting to know how the 22-250 works with PPU when you have a chance to try it!

p.s. It's always good to give credit where it's due - To me it's nothing short of just plain and simple good manners, something that seems to get lost by many nowadays!

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    Certainly 2 nice looking rifles now! It'll be interesting to know how the 22-250 works with PPU when you have a chance to try it!

p.s. It's always good to give credit where it's due - To me it's nothing short of just plain and simple good manners, something that seems to get lost by many nowadays!
    I hope your eyes are better when you're out shooting, the pics are all of the same rifle!!

Thanks though and I agree good manners cost nowt!!

I need to get pics up of the others he has done too for me. For the money the coating costs it makes a massive difference to the rifles especially if they are showing signs of age externally!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

OOPS! Should have gone to SpecSavers!

[QUOTE=stratts;929834]I hope your eyes are better when you're out shooting, the pics are all of the same rifle!!

Pete carries the rifle and his dog does the shooting for him!
    Last edited by Dragunov; 27-02-2015 at 07:19.

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?