Thread: Lee Dies

Lee Dies

I'm going to start reloading for my .223 as I've got the long range crow bashing bug
    Lee do a 3 die set which has a crimp die or there's a 2 die set without. Does anyone bother crimping their cases?

I do. Not in every cartridge, but in many it has proven to be an boon to accuracy. Read the instructions but use common sense: adjust the dies little at a time until you get the crimp you desire. It doesn't take a lot of crimp to give a consistent "pull weight". ~Muir

Cheers Muir.

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by mickthebrick View Post
    I'm going to start reloading for my .223 as I've got the long range crow bashing bug
    Lee do a 3 die set which has a crimp die or there's a 2 die set without. Does anyone bother crimping their cases?
    Mick, they also do a deluxe set that has a full length die, a neck sizer die and a bullet seater.

Atb, ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

dependin wether you sport or target, a crimp does come in handy, get the kit with full sizer. If you change rifle you can use the same brass ,just full size. As for a crimp, long range 200yds + ,you will find the shot placement better. Get the factory crimp after, you buy a 3 set with full sizer.. With a neck sizer,in your kit, it crimps to what you need for basics. just my 50p worth