Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A crap picture of deer stalking in the press

A crap picture of deer stalking in the press

Group to tackle county's deer population (From The Argus)

What a load of crap reporting !! Or are there really stalkers out there who can present themselves to the press so unprofessionally???

A Fallow deer stag no less!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hirsch View Post
    Group to tackle county's deer population (From The Argus)

What a load of crap reporting !! Or are there really stalkers out there who can present themselves to the press so unprofessionally???

No but there are plenty of reporters who cant report what they are told

I was on a boat which ran the French blockade on a boat out of Brighton a few years ago and the reporter said we were from Yorkshire?

We had one bloke with us from North London but thats about as close to Yorkshire as we came from

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    A Fallow deer stag no less!!
    I'm sure there is/was a pub in Rochester called the Roebuck with a sign depicting a Fallow!

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Maybe there is a member of the Deer Action Group Sussex (DAGS) who are members of this forum who might like to put their side of things forward without any reporting inacuracies before we judge them.

Trevor Weeks: 'I do not like the idea of it being pest control. I am a great believer animals do regulate their own number and it is only humans who see them as being out control'

Aye, he has a point. If left to their own devices a large proportion of the population will indeed 'self regulate' themselves by starving to death or throwing themselves under vehicles. Bellend
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    Trevor Weeks: 'I do not like the idea of it being pest control. I am a great believer animals do regulate their own number and it is only humans who see them as being out control'

Aye, he has a point. If left to their own devices a large proportion of the population will indeed 'self regulate' themselves by starving to death or throwing themselves under vehicles. Bellend
    So much to learn and so little time left

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    Maybe there is a member of the Deer Action Group Sussex (DAGS) who are members of this forum who might like to put their side of things forward without any reporting inacuracies before we judge them.

Yep, I was hoping so. This was one of the reasons for posting because as it stands they look like a load of vigilante wally's. ("Marauding" deer ?? non-indigenous - fallow ??, fallow stag ??, huge culls ??)

and before anyone mentions that fallow are not really indigeneous, I know that but they are as near damned indigeneous as it gets and are the only deer in parts of the south east.
    Last edited by Harry Hirsch; 26-02-2015 at 13:45.

I must admit one of my first thoughts was it was a sneaky way to get some free stalking..........
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    I must admit one of my first thoughts was it was a sneaky way to get some free stalking..........
    Within the sneaky ratings register I keep updated this is way down the list.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.