Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAC wording

FAC wording

On my last FAC, my rimfires and 223 were conditioned for "vermin, including fox, ground game and any other lawful quarry."

The latest incarnation of my FAC has changed this condition to simply "any legal quarry."

Do you reckon that's the same thing but just worded differently?

Thanks

Seems to be exactly the same thing.

It is what it says, so yes, no different, just fewer words....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Thanks. I thought so, but just double checking.

Succinct & to the point.

my cert says "the firearms and ammunition shall be used for shooting deer and any other lawful quarry, subject to the suitability of the calibre" that covers Rimfire and centrefire so leaves the onus on me to make the right choice. Uncluttered and succinct, seems Sussexarent all bad.

Mine says the same, any legal quarry.

Mine has '.......shooting of all lawful quarry, and zeroing and practice on ranges and land over which the holder as authority to shoot'

Short comprehensive and to the point
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    Mine has '.......shooting of all lawful quarry, and zeroing and practice on ranges and land over which the holder as authority to shoot'

Short comprehensive and to the point
    The same on mine !

I would be very careful here. There is no doubt that when this FAC condition was originally proposed, the wording "any other lawful quarry" would have been kicked about between ACPO FELWG and the Home Office legal eagles for some time to ensure that it was "fit for purpose" before being dished out to Chief Officers to ensure their respective Firearms Licensing teams applied the condition correctly. I am led to believe by those with greater knowledge than I that there is a subtle difference in meaning between the words "lawful" and "legal". This may be the reason why the word lawful is actually used. In any event Surrey do not appear to have added the required wording of the AOLQ condition as stipulated within the new 2013 Guidance. The condition should therefore state the principal quarry for each individual calibre and AOLQ tacked on the end. Personally I would return the FAC to Surrey to be amended with the correctly worded condition.....doing their own thing shouldn't be an option.