Thread: what have I actually got

what have I actually got

Im using hornady 95 grain sst the box is brown and has a custom sticker on it . Tet acording to hornadys site or anywhere else they dont make this factory round in this grain in custom only in superformance so are ther boxed up wrong ? info would be good yo knpw what I actually have
    Last edited by weatherby; 27-02-2015 at 22:38.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherby View Post
    Im using hornady 95 grain sst the box is brown and has a custom sticker on it . Tet acording to hornadys site or anywhere else they dont make this factory round in this grain in custom only in superformance so are ther boxed up wrong ? info would be good yo knpw what I actually have
    Why don't you post a picture of the box of ammunition that you have got? Regards JCS

Do they weigh 95 grains? You know... If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck?? ~Muir

Ive got some in those boxes and some in the new erred shiny boxes, both seem to shoot the same. Not sure if there is much of a difference although the newer box States it does have a slightly higher fps

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Do they weigh 95 grains? You know... If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck?? ~Muir
    its a 95grn duck!!
    DONT START

You're quite right. Ignore the canards.

Custom ammo is standard velocity - standard 100gr Interlock ....CHEAPEST.

Superformance is 'enhanced' velocity - premium 95gr SST.... MORE EXPENSIVE.

Someone has switched boxes somewhere, by accident or design.

Hornady ammo is offered in a bewildering array of styles & velocities. The boxes all look the same to me until you look closer.
    I know better now, but only as I've now got the Hornady Catalogue from the BSS show, and found the differences in the pricing.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Thats what ive got goin of that the never made a 95 grain 243 custom round no info on it at all so I actually have superformance 95 grain stt ? wondering why could not find much info on the web for them