Red dot sight.

Boarboy

If I was to try one of those window type red dot sights how would I fit it on my blaser? I.e. what kind of attachment would I need? Most have a weaver type base I think.

Speak to Irwin at Alan Rhone Ltd in Wrexham - they stock all the various mounting adapters for fitting Zeiss/ Docter-type holographic sights to Blasers, plus Irwin himself is an expert and incredibly helpful.

A.

Speak to Irwin at Alan Rhone Ltd in Wrexham - they stock all the various mounting adapters for fitting Zeiss/ Docter-type holographic sights to Blasers, plus Irwin himself is an expert and incredibly helpful.

A.

Thanks very much.

If I was to try one of those window type red dot sights how would I fit it on my blaser? I.e. what kind of attachment would I need? Most have a weaver type base I think.
It's the mount that has put me off those type of sights as the mount is quite expensive, almost as much, if not more, than the sight itself.

They attach several ways, depending on the type of sight
1 inch tube - two 1-inch rings, perm or QD, like Warne, Weaver, Leupold - like Bushnell or Tasco long sights
30mm tube - two 30mm rings, perm or QD, like Warne, Weaver, Leupold - like Bushnell or Tasco long 30mm

30mm tube with bell, like Aimpoint, Burris Speed Dot - a single, wide 30mm ring, one slot

Small holosights, like Burris and Zeiss - have their own mount which uses one slot
Large holosights, like C-More, Eotech, Trijicon - built in clamps use two slots (so you need a rail).

Most of the Reflex style red dot sights come with a specific Blaser mount. Click on click off.

William Evens at Bisley has a good selection of Blaser Mounts & Aimpoints , take your rifle in & they will fit for you great service ..

williamevans.com/products/shooting-accessories/optics

BoarBoy,

Is this related to your search for a driven boar/game scope as per your other thread?

if so I can only echo what has previously been said by Conor1 and myself - if at all possible consider the Swaro Z6i 1-6x24. With the CDI reticle it's a great IR scope to use on moving game, and on 1x mag might even be better than the Aimpoint and red dot holo sights to some users - certainly more versatile as you can crank it up for more distant shots - currently working very well for myself and at least one other SD subscriber on boar!

BoarBoy,

Is this related to your search for a driven boar/game scope as per your other thread?

if so I can only echo what has previously been said by Conor1 and myself - if at all possible consider the Swaro Z6i 1-6x24. With the CDI reticle it's a great IR scope to use on moving game, and on 1x mag might even be better than the Aimpoint and red dot holo sights to some users - certainly more versatile as you can crank it up for more distant shots - currently working very well for myself and at least one other SD subscriber on boar!

Hi. Yes it is. Just looking into all options really. Thanks for recommendation.

BoarBoy,

+1 on the above - Swaro every time - I watched a guy a few months ago for hours trying to zero an eotech at 50yds! Have a look through the Swaro if you can, once you have you wont buy a red dot imho

As I wrote about this on the "Boar Scope" thread, you don't have to buy Swaro or Zeiss. There are Burris, Bushnell, and Nikon making nice 1-4x24 and 1-6x with #4 reticles that are illuminated with a dot at the center, in many levels of brightness. I just borrowed a Bushnell to try, 30mm tube with huge field of view, as sharp and bright as needed for this sort of shooting ( daylight and under 200 yards). I don't know how available they are in the UK, but they seem to be made for the European market. Here in the USA, you have to order them; stores just stock the bigger stuff, and push the high end, of course.

Back