Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BDS Humane dispatch - anyone done it?

BDS Humane dispatch - anyone done it?

As per the title has anyone been on this course and would you recommend it?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Ali View Post
    As per the title has anyone been on this course and would you recommend it?
    i have aver been very critical of the BDS course and I have made no secret of that fact...
    but I have been informed by the head of there training department that they have revised and upgraded there course.
    as a result of the review I shall be attending the course on the 25th April

looking forward to seeing what the course has to offer.

Tony

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    i have aver been very critical of the BDS course and I have made no secret of that fact...
    but I have been informed by the head of there training department that they have revised and upgraded there course.
    as a result of the review I shall be attending the course on the 25th April

looking forward to seeing what the course has to offer.

Tony
    Just curious .... are the BDS still giving out certificates of attendance for just turning up or are they actually training people now?

I have been a BDS member for 30 plus years and did the HAD course at Cirencester out of interest and was hugely disappointed ......

I imagine any practical element within the syllabus, or lack thereof, is always going to be a significant challenge for a course provider?

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    I imagine any practical element within the syllabus, or lack thereof, is always going to be a significant challenge for a course provider?

K
    It is a challenge for sure, but more to do with numbers .... do you get 50 delegates in a room and talk to them for a day for cheap money and a certificate of attendance ... or fewer delegates, charge more, but allow delegates to bring their HAD tools with them, and get them out in the field using live firing, and actually train them for a LANTRA certificate of training?

I suppose you pay for what you get!

Good Morning, I have just attended the Jelen HAD course and can only say it was an excellent day. We spent all morning and a couple of hours in the afternoon in the classroom followed by a very interesting afternoon on the range testing various HAD methods and weapon systems. Well worth the money spent
    Regards
    Steve

Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: http://www.uksha.org or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Good Morning, I have just attended the Jelen HAD course and can only say it was an excellent day. We spent all morning and a couple of hours in the afternoon in the classroom followed by a very interesting afternoon on the range testing various HAD methods and weapon systems. Well worth the money spent
    Regards
    Steve
    Glad you enjoyed it ....... was it you with the fabulous little lever action in 30/30 with downloaded ammo?

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by HunterMoore View Post
    Just curious .... are the BDS still giving out certificates of attendance for just turning up or are they actually training people now?

I have been a BDS member for 30 plus years and did the HAD course at Cirencester out of interest and was hugely disappointed ......
    Hi Tony,
    like you I am just a member,
    but I am sure there course is a lantra certificated one just like the jelen one,

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    Hi Tony,
    like you I am just a member,
    but I am sure there course is a lantra certificated one just like the jelen one,
    Hiya

The point I was trying to make gently and hopefully without making it too big a deal(!), was there is a world of difference between getting a (BDS) Lantra certificate of attendance and a (Jelen) Lantra certificate of training ... one you get for staying awake, the other you have to work for and be tested ....

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Regards
    Steve
    I agree Steve, I found the course very informative and the practical demonstrations useful, I was surprised at how easy it was to miss the vital areas at such close range!

atb Tim