BDS Humane dispatch - anyone done it?

As per the title has anyone been on this course and would you recommend it?

i have aver been very critical of the BDS course and I have made no secret of that fact...
but I have been informed by the head of there training department that they have revised and upgraded there course.
as a result of the review I shall be attending the course on the 25th April

looking forward to seeing what the course has to offer.

Tony

i have aver been very critical of the BDS course and I have made no secret of that fact...
but I have been informed by the head of there training department that they have revised and upgraded there course.
as a result of the review I shall be attending the course on the 25th April

looking forward to seeing what the course has to offer.

Tony

Just curious .... are the BDS still giving out certificates of attendance for just turning up or are they actually training people now?

I have been a BDS member for 30 plus years and did the HAD course at Cirencester out of interest and was hugely disappointed ......

I imagine any practical element within the syllabus, or lack thereof, is always going to be a significant challenge for a course provider?

K

I imagine any practical element within the syllabus, or lack thereof, is always going to be a significant challenge for a course provider?

K

It is a challenge for sure, but more to do with numbers .... do you get 50 delegates in a room and talk to them for a day for cheap money and a certificate of attendance ... or fewer delegates, charge more, but allow delegates to bring their HAD tools with them, and get them out in the field using live firing, and actually train them for a LANTRA certificate of training?

I suppose you pay for what you get!

Good Morning, I have just attended the Jelen HAD course and can only say it was an excellent day. We spent all morning and a couple of hours in the afternoon in the classroom followed by a very interesting afternoon on the range testing various HAD methods and weapon systems. Well worth the money spent
Regards
Steve

Good Morning, I have just attended the Jelen HAD course and can only say it was an excellent day. We spent all morning and a couple of hours in the afternoon in the classroom followed by a very interesting afternoon on the range testing various HAD methods and weapon systems. Well worth the money spent
Regards
Steve

Glad you enjoyed it ....... was it you with the fabulous little lever action in 30/30 with downloaded ammo?

Tony

Just curious .... are the BDS still giving out certificates of attendance for just turning up or are they actually training people now?

I have been a BDS member for 30 plus years and did the HAD course at Cirencester out of interest and was hugely disappointed ......
Hi Tony,
like you I am just a member,
but I am sure there course is a lantra certificated one just like the jelen one,

Hi Tony,
like you I am just a member,
but I am sure there course is a lantra certificated one just like the jelen one,

Hiya

The point I was trying to make gently and hopefully without making it too big a deal(!), was there is a world of difference between getting a (BDS) Lantra certificate of attendance and a (Jelen) Lantra certificate of training ... one you get for staying awake, the other you have to work for and be tested ....

Tony

Regards
Steve

I agree Steve, I found the course very informative and the practical demonstrations useful, I was surprised at how easy it was to miss the vital areas at such close range!

atb Tim

I agree Steve, I found the course very informative and the practical demonstrations useful, I was surprised at how easy it was to miss the vital areas at such close range!

atb Tim

Hi Tim

as we had the head of a firearms licensing dept on the course, I think it was good to demonstrate on deer heads that a .38 pistol round, .410 shotgun and a downloaded 30/30 will accurately enter the brain and not go through .... whereas holding a scoped full bore rifle steady at very close range is more difficult that it seems (without practice!) and a .243 to the head is devastating and messy!

Tony

Hi Tony, yes it was I. Had a great day thanks. It certainly opened my eyes to how little we practice at very close range on getting things right.
Regards
Steve

Hiya

The point I was trying to make gently and hopefully without making it too big a deal(!), was there is a world of difference between getting a (BDS) Lantra certificate of attendance and a (Jelen) Lantra certificate of training ... one you get for staying awake, the other you have to work for and be tested ....

Tony
we shall see What they have done Tony,
as I said I was very out spoken as to the content of the BDS rta course at a HAD meeting last year, but as I also said the BDS have now addressed that problem,so we shall see.
I am not against the jelen course in fact I have been asked my Mike to come to the next one,I have also helped Mike out with advise and pics.

Tony

we shall see What they have done Tony,
as I said I was very out spoken as to the content of the BDS rta course at a HAD meeting last year, but as I also said the BDS have now addressed that problem,so we shall see.
I am not against the jelen course in fact I have been asked my Mike to come to the next one,I have also helped Mike out with advise and pics.

Tony

Hi Tony

it will be interesting to see how they change things around ... I am sure they will make it more practical etc. However, the next HAD course at Jelen in 18th April .... be good to have you there!

Tony

Tony

Thank you some interesting comments here. Appears it's worth attending and there is something to learn I will endeavour to book next available course.

Gents, could anyone supply a list of course dates for HAD and costings/locations etc please as very interested in attending one.

Regards

Dom

Hi I am fairly new to stalking directory, I attended the BDS humane animal dispatch course last year. It was very interactive with some good group discussion, however I feel there could be a more practical element to this course and that would increase the learning benefit. I hope this is of some help to you.

Does anyone have dates and locations for the course that Jelen provide?

steve

Hi Steve, the next Jelen HAD course is on 18th April at our Hampshire HQ ... if you have a firearm or shotgun you want to use for dispatch then please do bring it with you.

Please email office@jelendeer.com for joining info and prices and future dates.

For info Jelen does not advertise courses on SD any more as it caused too much angst apparently amongst the membership ....

regards

Tony

Back