Is big brother watching or is this fake?

Intemperate habits, unsound mind and known criminal associations always used to be some of the reasons for refusing/revoking a FAC.

Poor grammar, poor formatting, repeated use of personal pronouns, long winded and imprecise.

Definitely fake.

A real one would be at most a paragraph long. And be handed to you face to face while the van idled on the road, ready to collect your guns...

Found on Night Vision builders facebook page.

Not me lister. I'm a good boy. Although being on SD no doubt puts me in touch with some dubious characters:rofl:

Last edited:
Surely if you were such a threat to society you would receive the letter delivered by hand as they entered your house with a warrant to seize your firearms.

I'd contact the police and get them to look into it. Must be some sort of offence sending letters pretending to be from the police. Harassment at least.

Wolfie

I have heard similar thing up here being issued , nothing has ever come of it and we was of an impression it was a hoax ,a kind of viral one as a few have had similar ,all relating to face book views /photos , hope its nowt , all the best .

Fake or not, some of the points within this notice I think are perfectly valid, I see all to often the aggressive opinion expressed on these sites, the addition in some cases of 'pictures of the victims' (anti speak) does nothing to help, the moaning and defamatory remarks about Firearm licensing FEO's etc is also painfully obvious, even on this site.
The use of social networking IMO plays straight into the clutches of those who wish to compromise our shooting freedom, in fact just your freedom full stop.. I do not care whether you think that this fact or fiction but I have known for some years that your employer, recruitment companies and others look study & make judgments on you, based upon what is written by or about you on social media, even the marketing men rely on this insidious and toxic 'ether info' to decide what you will be driving, wearing or eating..do not be fooled, the new age of fanatical behavior is being conducted across social media, it's the obvious portal to look in if you were a policeman or government agency digging the dirt...

"Is this a fake?" Yep, although poor grammar isn't always the giveaway it was with poor spelling and grammar finding itself into many walks of life these days.

"Is big brother watching?" Yep. It would be naïve to think that the police, whether it be intelligence officers or someone in the firearms department doesn't have the odd squint on here. How many dopey criminals have been caught in recent years because they boast about their exploits on social media? How much intelligence is obtained by the police and security services merely sitting at computers and looking at forums?

However, I don't think this country is yet in the state where a reason for revoking certificates is to criticize your local firearms licencing department.

Back