Thread: Howa in the news?

Howa in the news?

Thought I saw a guy using a blued Howa, during a news item from the troubles in the Russia/Ukraine theatre, also fitted with a grey AseUtra muzzle can, anyone else spot it?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

That's stalking with a darker side..

I remember seeing a clip on YouTube where a U.S. sniper was using a suppressed Ruger 10/22 ( 22LR) to headshoot badguys at very close range. Very effective it was too!

The ruger would have been an israeli soldier not sniper the israelis trialed using there own version as a less than lethal weapon. It didnt quite work

Quote Originally Posted by topscots1 View Post
    The ruger would have been an israeli soldier not sniper the israelis trialed using there own version as a less than lethal weapon. It didnt quite work
    Oops I stand corrected... The guy that got shot in the head was definitely dead though.

Perhaps they were using the theory that a less than lethal bullet strike on a person will often temporarily take others out of the fight as they attempt to help their friend.
    Last edited by paultap; 03-03-2015 at 22:55.

That was the idea the Israelis had, shoot the baddies throwing Molatov cocktails in the leg or somewhere not lethal to deter them. But those naughty snipers just aimed for the kill zones by mistake, so they scrapped that idea eventually.