Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad...

Nomad...

I was out yesterday taking the shoot pegs in and got caught in an hour of torrential rain. My Nomad QRS leaked like a sieve and is probably the sweatiest garment i have ever been stupid enough to buy. 24h on and it is still soaking inside and out and is probably double the weight of its dry condition.... Total man made tat and i won't miss Philip at Scone this year!

Don't say that rd , I got one for my Christmas from the mrs which hasn't been properly tested apart from the button popping off and the front pocket ripping

I have the older type Nomad jacket,like it very comfortable,but not 100% waterproof in heavy rain and as RD says takes ages to dry once it is wet.

Got to be in my top 3 of the worst buys EVER.
    Taped seams that come off
    No hanger hoop
    No washing instructions
    No size label
    Sags and droops when wet
    Just rubbish, expensive rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Got to be in my top 3 of the worst buys EVER.
    Taped seams that come off
    No hanger hoop
    No washing instructions
    No size label
    Sags and droops when wet
    Just rubbish, expensive rubbish!
    Just out if interest red dot, which coats would you recommend? I've tried loads, not quite found the perfect one yet! I tried on a nomad and found the sleeves seemed to get stuck when getting the thing off again, a bit awkward.

I have a few of the older Harkila coats & jackets which cant be faulted. Unfortunately the only coat made for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter is currently being worn by your DOG!
    For the rain i can reccoment the US Army issue ECWPS in triple goretex and the best hood on earth and a jacket and trouser set should cost under 100.

Used a nomad long smock and pants for 5 hind seasons in the highlands seen some very bad weather come home dry and never had a problem with it, Hang it up when I get in dry next day for use again, some of the shorter quad riders are shower proof as stated on the web not waterproof

Unfortunatley what we want is something waterproof, windproof ,breathable and silent, and it's just about impossible to get something that fills all of these requirements, anything Goretex, deertex or another tex all have the same problem overtime the membrane will get crushed once that happens they start to leek at that point.
    So if you wear a game bag carry a rifle with a sling on your shoulder, or drive an Argo where you slide or bounce about on the seat these points of contact will start to leak sooner or later.

Whats the answer live with it I think, spent my whole working life outdoors and have never found anything that fits all criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I have a few of the older Harkila coats & jackets which cant be faulted. Unfortunately the only coat made for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter is currently being worn by your DOG!
    For the rain i can reccoment the US Army issue ECWPS in triple goretex and the best hood on earth and a jacket and trouser set should cost under 100.
    that's ECWCS, Extended Cold Weather Clothing System

Is it true that Nomad are made from recycled coke bottles.