Thread: The wheels grind slowly.

The wheels grind slowly.

Last issue of the b.a.s.c. mag,"The police are committed to achieving a cost effective and consistent service across 42 constabularies" ...current issue, "In 2015 we will continue to make a case for improved firearms licensing" ... a quick look through threads on here would give a decent progress report.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

"Restructuring" of police forces means that in reality any Firearms Dept. will do well to tread water and maintain their levels of service, competing with other priorities for a shrinking pot of money.

not cost effective when they (lose) all your stuff ,not consistent when one force does in days that another force does in months,no good at all when your allowed to shoot c/f 243 on one farm but not trusted to shoot 6.5 on another,plus the fact some forces give (open) tickets no problem others they try and make you send in letters of safety ok this could be seen as a must but what use are any letters or calls if they are off a mate around the corner,or just wait till renewal you will get everything then, and then theres the moderator farce that goes on,supposedly 1 for 1,s on ticket and half the countrys walking into rfd,s and swapping them,and now this restructioning letting bobbies on the beat deal with them,as if they dont have enough on their plates, the systems badly flawed and until they put the brakes on and start from scratch with everyone on the same page im afraid its going to get worse,,,,,,and breathe
    DONT START

Cannot disagree with that; and I'm a retired police officer who used to deal with firearms licensing whilst trying to do a daily policing role.

Quote Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
    Cannot disagree with that; and I'm a retired police officer who used to deal with firearms licensing whilst trying to do a daily policing role.
    A friend of a mate has just got his sgc after a year!!
    12 months of checks, test, interviews....and then he gets it. Nothing had changed since his application all but he nearly gave up bothering to keep going through with it....

Know how much has that cost and for what! He has a sgc a know a mistrust of the service who issued the licence.

Tim.243