Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carcass Price to local

Carcass Price to local

Any know the average price you get for a Fallow or Roe when selling to a butcher ?

get £40.00 to £50.00 for roe deer from the butcher still in the fur.

If you are selling it in the fur then you do not have to be a registered food business and I'd suggest you sell it at game dealer rates which are currently about £2.80 - 3.00 per kg. If you are selling it skinned, then you must be a registered food business and I'd add on at least £10-15 for your time skinning and wrapping as well as your waste disposal.
    MS

OK my Problem is I am buying it a Game Dealer rates on my shoot we pay for carcasses.. which until not I buy and my family eat. but when the freezer gets a little full I wondered what to do . I don't like shooting and not taking what I shoot.. but guess there is not much point me taking it away if I am not going to eat it my self.. as I have to bring it home clean up motor/storagebox/hang it/drive it to and from the ground to the butcher. sad but maybe easier letting the syndic leader deal with it direct to game dealer.. I was thinking a butch would pay more than a game dealer as he would have to by it from them..

when you say wrapping what do you mean ?

cheers

Andy

Account Suspended
    £2.80/Kg Someone's getting it cheap at £2.25/Kg!

Spoke to 2 locally, quoted £2.25 @ first & a fraction more at the other for Fallow, me thinks i keep them at that rate, taking the Michael if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    If you are selling it in the fur then you do not have to be a registered food business
    MS, I'm pretty sure you still have to be registered even if you sell in the skin.

I sell all my deer to the game dealer, i did inquire with one butcher but he wouldn't take it in the skin.

Cheers

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rick6point5 View Post
    Spoke to 2 locally, quoted £2.25 @ first & a fraction more at the other for Fallow, me thinks i keep them at that rate, taking the Michael if you ask me.
    I always try to keep some joints at home in the freezer for those unforeseen times when a Lump of Venison at the right time pays massive dividends ie negotiating a new permission with farmers etc or just keeping existing contacts happy especially around Xmas time.

Regards WB

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    MS, I'm pretty sure you still have to be registered even if you sell in the skin.

I sell all my deer to the game dealer, i did inquire with one butcher but he wouldn't take it in the skin.

Cheers

Richard
    I have come across this, once had more than I could handle myself and asked local butcher if he could help by butchering for me, apparently he was not allowed to have deer in the skin on his premises so it was jackets off.
    personally I like to hang the Carcase in the skin to age for 14 days but can only do 2 at a time.

Regards WB

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post

Cheers
    Richard

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wild-game-guide2014_page9.pdf 
Views:	61 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	53511