Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Be Safe... your life is valuable, cant get it back..

Be Safe... your life is valuable, cant get it back..

That's why I stalk and fowl on my own. But then, if I got into trouble I wouldn't have the support party.

That reminds me of the information films on gun safety on making sure your gun was empty while climbing fences and crossing ditches from when I was a youngster late 60's early 70's used to be on as a commercial break don't know why they got stopped probably down to cost rather like the Tuffty the Squirrel road safety films and later the green cross code.

any other old'ns out there remember

Paul D

yes shocking how easy it is, I was quite relieved in the end it was a demo.

Timely extraction is always the problem isn't it? ideally part of the dsc1 should be (no idea if it is part of the dsc2 but is should be) emergency first aid in stalking conditions. both for yourself and other stalkers but also in case you do have a mishap and accidentally shoot a walker. then again the fact that even dsc1 (and safety assessments/training) isn't mandatory is well,....not ideal.

Good safety awareness video or demo as said. But I only chamber a round when just before I am ready to take the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by martijn View Post
    yes shocking how easy it is, I was quite relieved in the end it was a demo.

Timely extraction is always the problem isn't it? ideally part of the dsc1 should be (no idea if it is part of the dsc2 but is should be) emergency first aid in stalking conditions. both for yourself and other stalkers but also in case you do have a mishap and accidentally shoot a walker. then again the fact that even dsc1 (and safety assessments/training) isn't mandatory is well,....not ideal.
    Good idea in general, I think everyone within our sporting/hunting arena should have the basic's at the very least, but unfortunately being shot by an expanding hunting round would i expect be quite a traumatic injury and tax even the most advanced 1st aiders. Given the issues with the mentality of the 'sue you' for trying to save my life brigade is it worth it? Personally i would like to think somone was prepared to try if it happened to me, irrelevant of the outcome, but then I am old school.

Very sobering! I always pay very close attention to where my muzzle's pointing. And anyone else's too. It's extremely unsettling to turn around & see down the end of a rifle barrel. A friend of mine is a nightmare for letting his rifle slip round on his shoulder & carrying it with the muzzle at 45 degrees without constantly checking it
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

The safety system on my Blaser makes me feel safer... do get nervous when out with someone with a normal rifle with one up the spout and safety on... even when walking behind the rifle the number of times I've had to move the muzzle away from my face!!

Also always carry a McMurdo PLB

Reminds me of "Dallas"...it was all a dream.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Have to say I agree, all of us should know some basic emergency first aid and I really do belive it should be taught in schools also.
    Out in the outdoors it doesnt matter if your shooting/hunting or rambling, cuts,breaks, GSW`s, cardiac episodes and all sorts can occure. This is why we sould all seek some training and try to carry some first aid provision, even if its only one or two Israeli field dressings (trauma badages) and a pair of aspirin. You can make these strech along way and utilise them for several applications and they really dont weigh much or take up much room!

ATB

Matt