Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great deel on pully hoist

Great deel on pully hoist

Just come across this for suspended gralloch and thaught somone might be interested. I orderd one so ill let you know what its like when it turns up.

Mannesmann 180Kg Universal Pulley/ Capacity T√œV Approved: Amazon.co.uk: DIY Tools

or

Silverline 633957 Cable Pulley Set 180kg: Amazon.co.uk: DIY Tools

ATB

Chasey
    Last edited by Chasey; 02-03-2015 at 18:05.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of it chasey. I'd spotted those before but wasn't too sure of how robust the 'eyes' for suspending the pulleys were. I'm sure they must be ok if it's rated at 180kg but it'd be good to here from someone who's seen it in the flesh so to speak.

silverline stuff is usually made from chocolate

the other one looks interesting though

Had one. They are good for what they are but I found the rope was difficult to keep in order after a few uses. Eventually I slung it.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    silverline stuff is usually made from chocolate

the other one looks interesting though

I went for the other one but couldn't see the difereance in the pics to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    Had one. They are good for what they are but I found the rope was difficult to keep in order after a few uses. Eventually I slung it.

I must say I wasn't planning on using the supplied polyprop roap.

I have some nice quality braded stuff ill swap it for.

ATB

Chasey

Here in Finland they're 6.5 Euros (around £5) in Biltema shops. I bought one just for the heck of it, and cannot recommend.

Köysitalja, 150 kg - Biltema

Maybe if you want to store it in your car for situations where nothing better is at hand, but for "planned use" I'd get something sturdier or easier to use. Anyway if you use one, plan ahead how to attach the rope while carcass is suspended at desired height.

If you're only doing roe size animals, I suggest making improvised hoist using a shackle, wooden gambrel (just a straight piece of tree branch) and cargo strap like this:

Vktech 3M Black Nylon Cargo Tie down Luggage Lash Belt Strap with Metal Cam Buckle: Amazon.co.uk: Sports Outdoors

Just attach the strap around the stick, loop through the shackle and around the stick. You may prefer second loop also. It's easy to tie the strap to stick when carcass is at desired height.

Of course you need second strap to fix the shackle in tree branch, if you're doing this in the field. You can also use the strap for dragging.

EDIT: here's an image I found by searching "improvised hoist cargo strap", it's done using paracord and two chain repair links but serves as example:

https://www.survivalkit.com/blog/wp-.../Image_040.jpg
    Last edited by jthyttin; 03-03-2015 at 13:12. Reason: Added image

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    I had the same issue. Used it once,used it again and the nylon rope was being difficult. The third time it was impossible to keep from jamming.Finally found one that is s little heavier than I need for deer, and 5X the cost of the other, but it has been flawless.~Muir

I bought one and it struggles to pull up a 40 kg boar. So bought one from Z-aim. Real bit of gear. Z-aim Viltblock Stor & Stark

Yes i am going to put a "proper" one in the garrage but thwey are just too heavy to carry arround in the stalking bag which is why I was looking at this as a light weight solution but I can see the rope is crap. Defo swapping that out

I dont like doing the grallooch on the floor much nicer to suspend the deer. I did it with just a rope over the bow of a tree last time but I needed Rob to lift the deer whilst tied off the rope

Ill see if I can rescue this thing with some proper rope

ATB

Chasey