Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little scope help please

A little scope help please

Hi. I've a R8 in 22-250 with a Duralyt 3-12x56 on it in the Blaser mount. I also have the 308 barrel for it which I've just bought. Now I'm skint! What I would like to know is, will, for the mo, the Duralyt do the job on both barrels? Obviously zeroed to suit each. Has anyone done this? cjs

Should be fine if zeroed each time which is a pain

im not a fan of duralyts but they are a good scope and you shouldn't have any issues on eigher caliber

i cant see why it wouldnt??? unless im missing something you would just have to rezero each time you swapped barrels which is going to be exspensive and time consuming but maybe if you remember how many clicks you need to move each time it might only need a couple of rounds to check

Yeah, thats the plan. The turrets are set back to zero on the 250 (when it's bang on) and just make a note of what the clicks are to zero the 308.
    Then, am I right in thinking I'll be able to just swap over and dial the scope for each caliber. cjs.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    i cant see why it wouldnt??? unless im missing something you would just have to rezero each time you swapped barrels which is going to be exspensive and time consuming but maybe if you remember how many clicks you need to move each time it might only need a couple of rounds to check

Take a note of where you are on the 22/250. Or mark it with a bit of tipex, then no it again when you rezero for the 308'.

Bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I'm not so sure it's that simple. You'll definitely have to re zero,even when returning to marked settings,if you're shooting live prey. I suppose using QD mounts might help.

I have a swap barrel .35 Whelen and 6.5x55. I was surprised how close the zero for each barrel was.
    A bore sighter might help you too. When I have sighted in my rifles I bore sight them and note the position on the grid. Then if the scope comes off for any reason I can get the rifle near as dammit again with the boresighter. Cheaper than buying another scope and QD mounts.
    There are some good boresighters out there. I have a Simmons with all the studs, cheap but it indexes well and does the job. However there are better.

Thanks for the input fellas. Range on Sunday to give it a try. Fingers crossed....cjs

Quote Originally Posted by cjs66 View Post
    Yeah, thats the plan. The turrets are set back to zero on the 250 (when it's bang on) and just make a note of what the clicks are to zero the 308.
    Then, am I right in thinking I'll be able to just swap over and dial the scope for each caliber. cjs.
    No real reason why this shouldn't work fine with the repeatability of Saddlemounts....... be worth just checking that the pressure needed to turn the locking flaps is the same for both barrels and, if there's a difference, that it's sufficient for the looser one. I've got 3, had 4, Blaser barrels and one is slightly different to the others.

I think I'd be tempted to do a 'shoot the square' reference target with the 22 250, one on current zero, then x clicks right, shot(?), x down, shot(?), left, back up to your start point etc etc just to give me the confidence in the 'scope returning to zero. Then I'd swap it to the .308, zero that then back to the 250 to cross-check it.

Cheers

Fizz

Cheers Fizz, good idea that…. cjs