Thread: New toy

New toy

Hi,

Has anyone had any work done by Norman Clarke in Rugby good or bad?

I've just ordered a new sako varmint in 22-250 with a longer 23.7" barrel from them (6mnth wait), but obviously it needs screw cutting, which they are offering to do in house. Obviously I can take elsewhere.

Ive already got a 204 but scratching an ich for a 22-250, suppose I can rebarrel in years to come if I ever want something bigger, which I wouldn't be able to with the 204.

I have known Norman for years excellent workmanship turned out by him, never heard a bad word spoken about his company.Wf1

you will have paid top money ,you will have to wait a long time.but on the positive side it will shoot well and be worth what you paid.you have more patients than me lol i never plan that far in advance.

Several rifles customised by Norman. Bloody excellent. Exemplary gunsmithing, real world advice and assistance. Well worth the money.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyrich View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone had any work done by Norman Clarke in Rugby good or bad?

I've just ordered a new sako varmint in 22-250 with a longer 23.7" barrel from them (6mnth wait), but obviously it needs screw cutting, which they are offering to do in house. Obviously I can take elsewhere.

Ive already got a 204 but scratching an ich for a 22-250, suppose I can rebarrel in years to come if I ever want something bigger, which I wouldn't be able to with the 204.
    If you are getting a special order surely the factory can screwcut it
    i have a Sako 85 in 22-250 and it came screwcut??? Or am i missing something
    great guns really acurate straight from the box

Thanks sounds reassuring, been to Norman clarkes for reloading bits but that's all.

Baby due next week so will have a few months quiet and then the crops will be up so soon be here...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray7756 View Post
    If you are getting a special order surely the factory can screwcut it
    i have a Sako 85 in 22-250 and it came screwcut??? Or am i missing something
    great guns really acurate straight from the box
    Sako only supply the 20" factory screwcut, I thought exactly that so rang gmk to double check. Bit of a bummer as it's going through as a special order but they can still only supply the standard 23.7" unscrew cut.

My brother had he's barrel screw cut by Norman , He wouldn't screw cut without the mod he likes to match the Barrel & Mod together , lovey work ..

Norman rebarreled my 308 14 years ago. Still shoots sub 1/2 inch. He is a very safe pair of hands and a damn fine bloke!