Thread: Archer nightvision addon gen 3.

Archer nightvision addon gen 3.

I am a big fan of the Starlight products. So much so I have 2 archers and I think they are great.
    I am only selling this as I am wanting to upgrade to a longbow. If I could afford to keep the archers and buy a longbow as well I would. But that is just greed on my behalf.

I do about 90 percent of my shooting at night and whilst digital has come a long way I still think tubed stuff is better and a lot easier on the eye. My opinion only.

So techie stuff, Archer D grade. Very clean image. I regularly look out 300 yards with this. Most of my bunnies are head shot at 100 yards. One of my foxing fields which is just over 300 yards long I have watched the sheep and rabbits running around at the end and in the right conditions if you were so inclined you could take the shot. I never have been but then the joy of NV is you can call the foxes right in close. Provided they have read the book
    Comes with a firefly laser as well.

If you are local I am happy for you to come and try before you buy. Infact I would encourage you to do so. That way you can see what you are getting. My missus makes a good cup of tea and I can bore you senseless about my enthusiasm for all things nightvision and shooting in general. At the same time I am happy to help you set yours up if you want as like most things there is a knack to getting it right.

I'm looking for 1300 collected.

I will take pictures at the weekend when I get a chance but it is a good unit and you would not be disappointed with it. I have just had a look through the tube, just to make sure and I can say there is a tiny spot at about 10 o clock. It is that small I am not sure if it is a spot or a bit of dirt on the lens to be honest and I don't think it will show up in a picture. It disappears when you switch the laser on.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

do these fit on the front or the back ?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by arron View Post
    do these fit on the front or the back ?
    Back

With a day scope adaptor (DSA)

Bob,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

thanks bob , I have a mini 14 , so its like that one then .

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by arron View Post
    thanks bob , I have a mini 14 , so its like that one then .
    Hi arron,

I think I am right and the singer is a top fella, his kit is well looked after and I imagine this will be the same,

Well out of my range as I have just got the drone pro and well happy,

Bob,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Hi Bob,
    fivers in the post. Lol. Well it was till you mentioned the cheap digital tat. .
    Yes it is rear mounted. The general consensus is that rear mount is better because front mounted can suffer parallax issues however they do seem to be getting to grips with it and I would think that in a year or so they will crack it. They are 1/2 way there with the dfa75 I think. I also prefer the weight at the back of the rifle rather than the front. Again personal opinion only and I have never tried front mounted kit.

yes it is like the mini 14. However I am not sure what rating that goes up to, ie calibre. The archer could probably work on a cannon. Certainly 308 and similiar for those into boar shooting.
    Last edited by The Singing Stalker; 04-03-2015 at 23:36.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Aye , I have shot boar with my 30 06 add on , but always suffer a cut nose ! Still it is well worth it for a boar though , good luck with the sale , some one will be well pleased no doubt