CZ 527 Problems..

Norrie1956

Hiya, Anyone assist me with this?? My CZ 527-2 in 222. The "clip" is stopping me removing the bolt, and also, I therefore cant cycle rounds. It was fine one minute, then it would'nt work...anything I can do without taking it to the shop???

Thanks in advance guys...:)

View attachment 53537Hope this helps, 527 in 223 so should be identical, extractor needs to be turned to cover the hole on the underside of bolt, the claw is no longer sat in its slot (top corner). Good luck!. D.

It looks like the ring has moved out of its small recess so it's sitting proud and catching the front edge of the rear port section of the action,

Not had a cz527 in my hands for some years and at a lose as to suggest you do to sort this,

Bob,

It looks like the ring has moved out of its small recess so it's sitting proud and catching the front edge of the rear port section of the action,

Not had a cz527 in my hands for some years and at a lose as to suggest you do to sort this,

Bob,
Agree. Suggest you get a flat bladed screw driver and press the ring down with the flat of the blade with one hand at the same time as extracting the bolt. Once the bolt is removed, as Bob says the ring can be inspected and put back in its correct place. That's hoping the ring isn't broken. If you remove the ring completely you may be able to nip it with pliers and get it back into its true shape?
Regards
JCS

no no no.

phenomenal this has happened in the first place, even lingering on unbelievable!

pull the bolt out as far as possible, hold it steady, put a thin screwdriver in between the claw and the part that slots into the recess in the front of the bolt and lift it out so it can slip out of the recess from the bolt body, then knock the exctractor claw forwards with 'something' until it pops off, turn the extractor collar to face 12 o'clock and pull the extractor claw out backwards, then reposition the collar to 3 o'clock and pull out with the bolt. then re-fit.

you will never get the extractor collar back into place as is, no chance. only other option is to cut the extractor collar that's slipped out and replace it. I have a replacement extractor collar, so if you need to go that far, fret no brother.

simples.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a cz 527 in .223, if you need to compare the bolt with yours, before deciding which way to go.

Alan

no no no.

phenomenal this has happened in the first place, even lingering on unbelievable!

pull the bolt out as far as possible, hold it steady, put a thin screwdriver in between the claw and the part that slots into the recess in the front of the bolt and lift it out so it can slip out of the recess from the bolt body, then knock the exctractor claw forwards with 'something' until it pops off, turn the extractor collar to face 12 o'clock and pull the extractor claw out backwards, then reposition the collar to 3 o'clock and pull out with the bolt. then re-fit.

you will never get the extractor collar back into place as is, no chance. only other option is to cut the extractor collar that's slipped out and replace it. I have a replacement extractor collar, so if you need to go that far, fret no brother.

simples.

I agree. I can't imagine how the extractor came off the collar. Your fix will work.~Muir

Congratulations Norrie that's a first for me also. I can't possibly think how you managed to do what I would have thought that would have been the impossible. I think Pietasventores is definitely on the right lines but if worst comes to worst you may have to sacrifice the C clip by cutting it off which won't be the end of the world as he has already kindly offered you a replacement.

save yourself some ballache

order a new clip from GMK (£13 IIRC) (or get the one from PV above)
sacrifice that one to get the bolt out

Unless you can release the front of the extractor blade you will not be able to slide it forward to allow the collar (your protruding bit) to engage the inside rear edge of the blade where that clip is meant to be
I am not sure the front edge of the blade/claw has enough room in its current position to allow it to be removed as is

certainly doesn't in the BRNO Md2 sister action (and I know as I broke the cast piece that CZ ungraded to the bent piece you have a problem with!

you are lucky these are cheap and easy! mine wasnt!

Hi Guys, Thanks for the advice, VERY much appreciated...I'm literally just in from work, so missed most of your comments. I took the gun into Bushwear this morning ( working in Stirling anyway) and left it with them, Steve is going to look at it over the weekend, he thinks I broke the other end of the clip for it to be sitting where it is...I'll let you know how it goes...:) Thank god i've still got the 243...:)

There are some proper gents on this forum, and ALL who posted advice for me can be included in that...:)

Hi Guys, Thanks for the advice, VERY much appreciated...I'm literally just in from work, so missed most of your comments. I took the gun into Bushwear this morning ( working in Stirling anyway) and left it with them, Steve is going to look at it over the weekend, he thinks I broke the other end of the clip for it to be sitting where it is...I'll let you know how it goes...:) Thank god i've still got the 243...:)

There are some proper gents on this forum, and ALL who posted advice for me can be included in that...:)

Hi norrie

So glad your sorted bud, nice one, and keep us posted as to how you get on, I know my reply was rather basic but it's what I would do if it had been myself

Regards and thank you for the kind remarks

From a fellow countryman

Bob,

Just seen this post, and I can't see that anything is wrong in the picture at all. The claw extractor is in the right position.

I say that even after taking the mental leap from reversing the image inside my head. My CZ527 is lefthand so everything's the other way round, and it's a mirror image 'back to front' with the claw on the left.

If the bolt can't be retracted this early in rearward travel then it must be snagging on the magazine follower platform. There's a pressed horseshoe type end on the leading of this into which the Z-spring fits. That's broken, so the metal Z-spring strip is exposed, and catching the claw.

IF the bolt can be retracted without the magazine in situ (surely that's been tried first?) then that's the answer, and an even easier thing to fix. Get another magazine which Edgar Bros. stock.

Have another look at the photograph Sinistral. While the extractor appears to be in the correct position somehow one of the legs of the horseshoe clip has slipped outside its normal retained position and is preventing the bolt from being withdrawn.

Have another look at the photograph Sinistral. While the extractor appears to be in the correct position somehow one of the legs of the horseshoe clip has slipped outside its normal retained position and is preventing the bolt from being withdrawn.

Hiya, yep, that's what Steve said...he reckons the other end of the clip has broken/bent and that's stopping the bolt coming out....I'll find out this week.......hopefully...:)

end of the clip has broken/bent and that's stopping the bolt coming out..

Then all that you need to do to extract the bolt is drop the action out of the stock.
Once out the underside of the clip will be easy to see, and push back up so bolt can by removed.

Neil. :)

PS: Actually you should be able to see the underside by looking up the magazine well.

Back