Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My self-designed CWD skull mount.

My self-designed CWD skull mount.

I've now prepared the CWD from a couple of weeks ago, and mounted the skull in a way I think really shows off the tusks. The good news is that Young Pine Marten didn't howl with terror when he saw it! The tusks aren't yet glued in as they're not due to be measured for another couple of weeks. What do you think? I'm quite proud of it, I haven't seen one done like this before.

IMAG0027 by pinemarten, on Flickr

And here it is with the muntjac from last season:

IMAG0029 by pinemarten, on Flickr

I used to do all mine like that, but have run out of room to have them up (too many shoulder mounts).
    looks smart.
    I also polish the skulls

I really like that, my preference is for full skulls rather than cut and that looks great.

Jeez they look huge... Never realised they were that big.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

very interesting! i have a skull waiting to be cleaned and have been googling to see how to mount it.

i suspect i will be copying you!

You made a cracking job of the head Lawrence, well done.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Jeez they look huge... Never realised they were that big.
    They're not always that big: this one may earn a silver medal. It's actually less impressive in real life than on the photo. When you see the photo on the wall, you can tell it's just not that big.
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    very interesting! i have a skull waiting to be cleaned and have been googling to see how to mount it.

i suspect i will be copying you!
    If you do that, when you cut the skull take a line from behind the last molars to the ridge that goes horizontally round the back of the skull. I also had to take a hacksaw to the metal fixing that goes inside the skull because it was intended for roe and was too long and wide to fit correctly to affix the skull at an angle.

looks good mate, well done
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

I wondered how one would look on a flat slab of oak with a glass dome over it on put on the mantle or a shelf ?
    Nice job by the way
    norma