Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: NO NGO at the CLA

  1. #1

    NO NGO at the CLA

    I think the NGO have done the right thing, they have better things to spend a fortune on and it will be the CLA's loss for being greedy!

    http://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.u...game-fair-2015

  2. #2
    I'm not a member so its none of my business really but, just out of interest, was the decision to back the buzzard killing appeal put to the membership in a referendum? I don't know the state of finances but surely this is going to potentially bankrupt the organisation?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    I'm not a member so its none of my business really but, just out of interest, was the decision to back the buzzard killing appeal put to the membership in a referendum? I don't know the state of finances but surely this is going to potentially bankrupt the organisation?
    The answers to your questions are NO .... and YES.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

  4. #4
    I think a lot has to do with the greed of the CLA making it uneconomical to attend to be honest

  5. #5
    And while the NGO usually piggy back on another stand like kings and sportsmans feeds they still have to provide hotels tickets and food Ect for the volunteers and employees for the four or five days setting up and dismantling inc .sad state of affairs if the cla can't help out such a fighting force in the countryside and perhaps charge the RSPB TREBLE !
    Norma

  6. #6
    The hire charge for a RFD's stand at the 3-day British Shooting Show at Stoneleigh last month was quoted at 1800 a day.

    Businesses have at least a chance to make a profit (in theory) from putting in an appearance, but I'm not sure that many do.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

  7. #7
    Norma, Kings and Sportsman are on the NGO stand not the other way around.

    If you look at the NGO accounts they have more than enough to cover the costs of the judicial review. Which by the way is nothing to do with killing buzzards but a point of law on wildlife licencing.

    From what I have been told and read on the website it is about greed of others.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    The hire charge for a RFD's stand at the 3-day British Shooting Show at Stoneleigh last month was quoted at 1800 a day.

    Businesses have at least a chance to make a profit (in theory) from putting in an appearance, but I'm not sure that many do.
    Cheap for a trade show. Not my industry but I'm off to Dubai this weekend for a Show.

    I usually see 10,000 for a three day show just on costs for the venue. This is all tax deductible, so money you would already be paying to the NHS....

    A cash flow issue initially but it pays it's return in years to come.

    Our producers should be showing abroad and our shows should have the overseas exhibitors. Makes economic sense

    Export versus Local.

    Stan

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by iknownothing View Post
    Norma, Kings and Sportsman are on the NGO stand not the other way around.

    If you look at the NGO accounts they have more than enough to cover the costs of the judicial review. Which by the way is nothing to do with killing buzzards but a point of law on wildlife licencing.

    From what I have been told and read on the website it is about greed of others.
    Sorry, my mistake, I thought it was about a refusal to issue a licence to kill buzzards but if its nothing to do with killing buzzards then I must be confusing it with some other judicial review.

    The one that I was thinking of involved a man who had previously been convicted of pesticide offences so that can't be the one as he would surely have been expelled from the NGO?

    Looks like I've got it all mixed up, my apologies.

  10. #10
    Before the NGO opened on the morning of the gamefair, there was a right old noise coming from inside the marque
    Hope the gathering are spending NGO money wisely and Not taking advantage
    Hope I have put 2 and 2 together and got 25 !!
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Similar Threads

  1. ngo
    By AN DU RU FOX in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-07-2014, 14:33
  2. Not impressed with NGO
    By Trufflehunting in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-10-2012, 20:37
  3. New NGO Website
    By Wylyekeeper in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-07-2012, 21:58
  4. NGO Auction
    By mudman in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-07-2012, 20:01
  5. Ngo, refund
    By Deanandrew64 in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-02-2012, 16:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •