Dsc1 Cost

Dannywayoflife

Guys I would like to try and get into stalking this year and am interested in doing the DSC1. Roughly what should I be looking at cost wise for this course?

Also eventually I would like to join a syndicate but don't think there are many around me in sussex unfortunately

cheers guys
Danny

£300 Should get you on the course, lots about just search for posts on here and all the answers will become apparent.

Thank you Rick done a quick search didn't get too much info hence the question. I know a few guys who run the course so I'll ask what they charge and go from there

Guys I would like to try and get into stalking this year and am interested in doing the DSC1. Roughly what should I be looking at cost wise for this course?

Also eventually I would like to join a syndicate but don't think there are many around me in sussex unfortunately

cheers guys
Danny

Mine was £285.00 + you have to get there.

Not sure how much shooting you do? Foxing for farmers will give you the first rung on the ladder...
Lambing is just around the corner, no better quarry to pit your wits against is a fox....
No season, No hours restriction..............No excuse lol

Tim.243

Mine was £285.00 + you have to get there.

Not sure how much shooting you do? Foxing for farmers will give you the first rung on the ladder...
Lambing is just around the corner, no better quarry to pit your wits against is a fox....
No season, No hours restriction..............No excuse lol

Tim.243

I shoot a lot mate. Unfortunately I've recently lost the last bit of ground I had so I now rely on invites from mates. I've found ground nigh on impossible to get on round where I live

if you can get your hands on (ultimate deer Data dvd) and study night after night until you are confident in your answers and are consistent in shooting you could find a company that just does the test you could get your level one as little as £120-£130 for a half day.
that is what a friend and myself did.just a suggestion.

I shoot a lot mate. Unfortunately I've recently lost the last bit of ground I had so I now rely on invites from mates. I've found ground nigh on impossible to get on round where I live

Sorry to here that, more leg work and knocking on doors as this dry spell will bring out the farmers and then that long drive down to the house is not so daunting.

good luck with the search

Tim.243

ave a word with sikamalc he,s got a DSC1 course running in west sussex .he,s a busy man though you can book for all 6 species with him but he,s got bookings upto 2016 atb

cheers guys
Danny

Mine was £299.

Costs on top of this were travel, food/accommodation and bullets (I used an estate rifle).

I also bought the BDS Training Manual for £30, a deer identification DVD for £16 and some excellent revision CDs

£285 on the ones we run. That includes lunch, coffee, tea and a free prize draw gor a stalk with me later in the winter. However the course in April is full.

Back