Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letter for fao

Letter for fao

Hello Sorry i am new and i would like some information if anyone can help or point me in the right direction, I have booked 2 days stalking in August and i under stand that the fao like to see proof that you have booked a few days stalking, when i was talking to the gent who said he will take me stalking he said if i want a letter send him a copy of a letter of what i want it saying and he will get his estate to type one up and send me it, Ok what do i put in the letter dates booked ? who it is with ? where ? and what rifles i will be using ?
    Any help would be grateful.
    Stan.

Feo And why not ask the what they want to see in the letter

Cheers good thinking god im thick lol

be careful you are not making a rod for your own back and everyone else's

proof of booking is proof of booking

I was asked for the same on boar
    I got exactly that

"Mr A is booked with me (details below) to shoot boar between the 1st of X and the 31st of Y"

they need nothing else

I assume this is in relation to an FAC application for a deer legal calibre of your own?

Quote Originally Posted by stan1664 View Post
    Hello Sorry i am new and i would like some information if anyone can help or point me in the right direction, I have booked 2 days stalking in August and i under stand that the fao like to see proof that you have booked a few days stalking, when i was talking to the gent who said he will take me stalking he said if i want a letter send him a copy of a letter of what i want it saying and he will get his estate to type one up and send me it, Ok what do i put in the letter dates booked ? who it is with ? where ? and what rifles i will be using ?
    Any help would be grateful.
    Stan.
    All they require is evidence that you have booked a few stalks with professional stalkers. So a copy of the invoice/receipt will do.
    You need to provide 'good reason' to apply for a FAC - going on just ONE stalk each year is sufficient 'good reason' to own your own rifle, if that is what you want.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

The letter isn't a requirement as far as I know, but when I applied for my FAC just before Christmas I asked the chap who I do the vast majority of my stalking with to do me one anyway. It saved the FEO some legwork as the info he would look for was all in the letter and he was able to contact the sender and get a clear idea of whether I was right in what I'd applied for and my reasoning as well as satisfying himself that I was serious and not just trying to fast track my way to a cabinet full of rifles.
    Something like:
    "I (NAME OF STALKER) confirm that Stan1664 has booked paid deer stalking outings with me at (NAME OF FARM/ESTATE) near (WHEREVER) on (DATES). I believe it is his intention to book further return dates in the future."
    If there's the chance of taking a Fox or doing some pest control or whatever then get him to put that in as well, so that when the FEO reads the letter he will know why you want rifle(s) and see that you have applied for appropriate numbers and calibers per reason, thus showing an understanding.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

I always put a small cover letter in with my certificate when I send it in for a variation or what ever. I do this with most things that I post if I think they require it.
    Anything that stops things being sent back for more information as that's just wasting everyone's time.

"Better looking at it than for it" as they say.

dont forget to ask how a closed ticket can be used on Paid stalking
    In theory you will need the address and details of the Perms to ask your FEO if they are cleared for your cal (you can take the word of the stalker your booked with But its your ticket if hes wrong I know of several cases of people being told yes its cleared only to find out it is but only up to rimfire )

if its not cleared you cant shoot it if you get a closed ticket

or have to get all the details and permission to shot them for your FEO to clear it for you (Not going to happen)

the Stalker may have to get it cleared himself which may take time in this climate

or you can shoot the stalkers Rifle with No FAC under the estate rule on his open ticket

when i asked about Booked and invitational stalking at my interview and she smiled and said its not going to happen

I've always enclosed a covering letter saying I have stalking booked. No one has ever asked for proof of that or confirmation from a 3rd party.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I just told them that I'd been stalking with a chap off this forum, and hoped to go again one day. No names mentioned, no dates or anything.
    No probs - open ticket for deer from day one of getting a deer legal calibre.