Thread: 2 Syndicate Places Available - Galloway Forest

2 Syndicate Places Available - Galloway Forest

I have two syndicate places available in one of my syndicates within the Galloway Forest near to Newton Stewart. Minimum cull of 30 roe and 5 red - cost 800 pa

The ground is almost 800 acres in size surrounded by forest on all sides with 6 members including myself. Four quality high seats and one doe box are already available overlooking productive areas. From 1st July 2014 to 30th June 2015 (12 months) we will achieve around 30 roe and 10 red.

The new members will start 1st July 2015 and to be considered you must meet the following FC criteria:

• DMQ L2
    • Insurance
    • First Aid At Work
    • Deer legal rifle with moderator fitted
    • SNH Fit & Comp (or be willing to obtain)
    • Its desirable to have a trained deer dog or at least access to one

A 4x4 vehicle and quad would be helpful but not essential as the ground is quite flat with a good road network so reds can be extracted easily. Quads can only be used with a current Lantra or NPTC qualification. I would prefer to let the positions go to two friends because this would reduce the manual handling and lone working risk.

Please PM me with your details giving brief details of experience and qualifications etc.

I also have other syndicates all in Southern Scotland and places may become available later in the year. I will consider swapping one of my places for a syndicate place in England.

Thank you

DS

Thank you for everyone who has replied. I have someone looking at the ground on Friday next week and I'm sure when he sees it he will join. I do have more potential leases that I'm tendering for very soon and I might have one or two spare places, so If you would like to be included in the "tender pack" please let me know.

Kind Regards

DS

And people worry about the preponderance of DSC requirements! It's already DSC, First Aid, SNH whatever, and Lantra/NPTC quad bikes... At least the dog only has to be trained and not qualified (yet)!

Sorry - don't want to hijack your thread. Just made me smile...

Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    And people worry about the preponderance of DSC requirements! It's already DSC, First Aid, SNH whatever, and Lantra/NPTC quad bikes... At least the dog only has to be trained and not qualified (yet)!

Sorry - don't want to hijack your thread. Just made me smile...
    I completely agree. Unfortunately its the way things are going with everything we do these days, not my rule though I just have to abide by them. I do strongly feel that access to a trained dog is essential though and that its every stalkers responsibility to follow up a shot at deer correctly and your chances of finding it are greatly increased with a trained dog.

DS

Absolutely; you can't fight it so best be one step ahead of it...

Hi mate could you please include me any other potential syndicates places that come available in the near future cheers Ste

Quote Originally Posted by Ste B View Post
    Hi mate could you please include me any other potential syndicates places that come available in the near future cheers Ste
    HI Ste,

Thanks for the interest. Please send me a PM with you details including a contact number.

Thank you

DS

Thanks to everyone who has replied. The places have been taken on a first come first served basis with two stalking friends who have DSC L2.

I'm viewing a private estate this weekend so hopefully I will have more places available. This time I would like to give people who only have DMQ L1 an opportunity to join a syndicate, so keep an eye out for further places.

Regards
    DS