Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BSA CF2 .243 Stutzen

BSA CF2 .243 Stutzen

BSA CF2 Stutzen for sale.

I bought and restored this for myself as a 'wandering through the wood with a vague chance of a Roe' sort of gun but it's not getting the use it now deserves and I'm have a bit of a cabinet clear-out.

It is a full-stock BSA CF2 in .243. The barrel, action, bolt and bottom metal have been beautifully re-blued to by Richard Harvey and the stock has been refinished to a lovely oiled gloss by me. The pattern in the stock is nice, offset by the Rosewood Schnabel tip and grip cap. The scope bases and rings are Leupold STD and the scope is a Meopta 7x50 (25mm tube) - a perfect match for this sort of rifle. The standard trigger is adjusted to break nice and crisply at around 3lbs with no creep.

The bore and throat are in great condition - clearly the rifle hasn't done much work in it's long life and it shoots really well with 85gn soft points, getting sub-inch groups at 100 yards.

It's a very pretty gun that needs to be owned by someone who appreciates it. Not an 'everyday' rifle but just the thing for when you fancy donning a Deerstalker hat...

300 for the rifle on its own and 450 for the rifle / scope set-up. RFD transfers at your cost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Last edited by Adamant; 15-10-2015 at 20:03.

Adam,

That is an absolute stunner! Wish I had a good reason to have that in my cabinet. I'm sure that will be snapped up.

hope your well and the move went well
    regards
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by snoozlecracker View Post
    Adam,

That is an absolute stunner! Wish I had a good reason to have that in my cabinet. I'm sure that will be snapped up.

hope your well and the move went well
    regards
    Tim
    Hello stranger - feel free to drop in if you're passing; the kettle's always on! I'll PM you my new address & phone number - we practically drove past your front door the other day on the way to Lake Vyrnwy. A.

Evening is this still for sale ?

Yes it is - it's a very pretty rifle!

Adam.

Gosh that's a lovely thing. Out of curiosity, how would one fit a mod on a stock like that, or is that not really an option?

Guess you cold just hack the end of the stock off and thread the barrel

That is a very pretty rifle.. Would go well with a deerstalker cap, 3/4 length breeks and a calabash pipe...

Quote Originally Posted by Redleicester View Post
    Gosh that's a lovely thing. Out of curiosity, how would one fit a mod on a stock like that, or is that not really an option?
    I have seen one moderated and it involved a lot of work and looked horrible - it needed an ugly spigotted mod' and the tip of the forend inletting to accommodate it.

If you're going to shoot and enjoy a stutzen rifle, you need to make allowances for noise and the fact they don't like wet weather...