Thread: Something different: NZ spearfishing marlin!

Something different: NZ spearfishing marlin!

My brother just shot a striped marlin spearfishing in NZ. This is quite an accomplishment and puts him in an elite group of people. Basically, they troll teasers around while the spearo (freediver) is all togged up at the back of the boat ready to go. When a marlin is seen behind the boat the diver rolls over and as the lures and fish shoot past takes the shot. I'm stoked for him!
    Cheers,
    Hayden

I'm off to Auckland this afternoon. Not sure that's going to be on the agenda though!
    So much to learn and so little time left

Sweeet as cuz !!!! Those spearos are awesome, there was a young kid on site while I was there used to practice holding his breath at smokeo, couldn't believe how Long he could manage to go.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    I'm off to Auckland this afternoon. Not sure that's going to be on the agenda though!
    It's not Auckland pal it's dorkland so I was told by the northern boys lol
    Enjoy your stay
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Aucklanders' are also known as "Jafas" (Jaffas are a Kiwi sweet) - but it also stands for "Just Another F***ing Aucklander". They're not all bad though, just don't spend all your time there
    Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    It's not Auckland pal it's dorkland so I was told by the northern boys lol
    Enjoy your stay
    Regards
    Jimmy
    A weeks work in Auckland, fly to Queenstown, a few days there and an 8 day road trip back to Auckland via a few cool places. OK, so it's not all work!

Superb pal some fabulous country to see I'm hoping to go back for 4 weeks for my 50th in a couple years, hope to give a few mates a nudge and maybe get the guy who did my tattoo to add a little more as a bit happened in my life since he did it.
    Regards
    Jimmy

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    Superb pal some fabulous country to see I'm hoping to go back for 4 weeks for my 50th in a couple years, hope to give a few mates a nudge and maybe get the guy who did my tattoo to add a little more as a bit happened in my life since he did it.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Was hoping to get a bit of hunting in but SWMBO doesn't seem to think that disappearing into the mountains for a couple of days is a very romantic thing to do on a 25th wedding anniversary holiday!

They just don't understand Nigel do they, bet she'll make you stop at every shoe shop she sees though! ! Haha
    Regards
    Jimmy

BUY BRITISH !!!!