Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrison Ford

Harrison Ford

I'm glad that "Indiana" is ok but surprised that there were only two doctors on the golf course.
    Also no lawyers were mentioned, maybe they zoomed off to start a law suit for having their golf round interrupted.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

I think he did it deliberately, by all accounts he is not a fan of golf or golfers..

It said on the news last night that he was flying SOLO

Different to what I heard, which was that when he took off he'd said "he had a bad feeling about this".
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

Wait till he gets the bill for his green fees.

Quote Originally Posted by bigscott270 View Post

Nice one.
    No room for "Chewie" is suppose.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by bigscott270 View Post
    Very good. That actually took a few seconds for the penny to drop!

H. Ford has long been well known for his devotion to and advocacy of flying. He has been the official chairman for several years of the EAA Young Eagles program (we get children up for their first plane ride for free - -usually in a small C172 or something like).

Where he really earned my respect is that he was able to land, with minimal injury to himself and the only real damage being the aircraft and the golf course (and I am much more concerned about the aircraft). I have flown recreationally in the Southern California area where he crash landed and I am surprised that he was able to find a safe landing spot at all. That area is overbuilt and overpopulated, and the roads are overcrowded even at 5:00 am. He managed to land, without injuring anyone except himself, and did so on an extremely short makeshift runway (for those not in the know, the shortest runway is still longer than the longest golf hole).

i say hats off to The Man!

Since Mr. Ford owns and flies a variety of aircraft, including helicopters, a DeHaviland Beaver, and jets, he was fortunate to have been in a WWII training plane like the P-22, which flies slowly, glides well, has a very low stall speed, and manual cable controls without the need for hydraulic power or electronics - a gentle plane for beginners, which could be dead sticked in by an experienced pilot. He did a good job of it, too.