Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy non-lead bullets in the UK?

Where to buy non-lead bullets in the UK?

I realise this may be a bit of contradiction- why would any sensible reloader divulge their secret supply of hard to find kit?!? The answer-they would be crazy to!

Reloading Solutions is good generally, but they must be the only supplier of non-leaded bullets in the UK, as they are almost always out. And just when you have found a load that works, the chosen bullet does not get resupplied for whatever reason meaning another reload quest. Other well known suppliers do not seem to have them or do not 'believe any of that non-lead stuff' anyway, so do not bother to try to get them. I know that there has been this mysterious run or shortage of American made bullets that to be honest are the overwhelming majority of those found in the UK. So this is one issue. But then why is there seemingly great supplier of bullet heads from other European manufacturers in the UK? RWS and Lapua do non-lead bullets, but these are not found anywhere. The RWS ammo can be had, but not the bullet heads that seem very interesting, expensive, but look good. Lapua have the Naturalis, but do not offer it in smaller weights that might be more effective to work at higher velocities.

Any thoughts or leads(ha!) are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by western woodsman View Post
    I realise this may be a bit of contradiction- why would any sensible reloader divulge their secret supply of hard to find kit?!? The answer-they would be crazy to!

Reloading Solutions is good generally, but they must be the only supplier of non-leaded bullets in the UK, as they are almost always out. And just when you have found a load that works, the chosen bullet does not get resupplied for whatever reason meaning another reload quest. Other well known suppliers do not seem to have them or do not 'believe any of that non-lead stuff' anyway, so do not bother to try to get them. I know that there has been this mysterious run or shortage of American made bullets that to be honest are the overwhelming majority of those found in the UK. So this is one issue. But then why is there seemingly great supplier of bullet heads from other European manufacturers in the UK? RWS and Lapua do non-lead bullets, but these are not found anywhere. The RWS ammo can be had, but not the bullet heads that seem very interesting, expensive, but look good. Lapua have the Naturalis, but do not offer it in smaller weights that might be more effective to work at higher velocities.

Any thoughts or leads(ha!) are appreciated.
    i was going to say reloading solutions , infact i was going to put an order in next week for some more ttsx for my 270

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Brownells uk? Brock and Norris?

I think the next R.S. incoming shipment is awhile away yet. I will call Brock and Norris, they seem to have some Hornady GMX, but the problem is finding anyone with a consistent regular supply of one non-lead bullet. So far my loads are multiplying to suit the bullets available. I guess eventually I will have a go-to load for each type of non-lead bullet out there. I am unsure of Brownells, they seem to say they can order something for me if I buy it in advance, but it just seems a front to me for someone trying to order stuff from the USA. There is a market out there for this stuff that no one seems to be able to satisfy, I am even happy to pay a premium for them.

Word is that the UK importers of Barnes (SMK) are expecting a shipment in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Border View Post
    Brownells uk? Brock and Norris?
    Brownells ???? got more chance of catching the clap from a virgin that getting anything from them they hold hardly any stock if any!!

coame back midway uk al is forgiven!!!

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Thanks srvet for the idea of SMK, query sent already.

I have so far had good luck with Barnes bullets, but I have been hitting some bone generally, the exit wounds have been 50mm+ I think these horror stories of copper bullets might have been earlier prototypes of the same thing, they seem to have cracked it on expansion now.

SMK (budget guns) are useless, never had good service from them. When I enquired I was told trade only please ring the nearest retailer. Both companies didn't have a clue what a Barnes bullet was and infact don't sell reloading components!
    Last edited by Paul 600; 07-03-2015 at 20:26.

For all those interested in Barnes Bullets there may be an answer. James Clark Jager Sa will hopefully be stocking them. Watch this space!

Or you can look at GS Custom for copper solids
    Nearest dealer is in Netherlands and I hear they're starting production at some point. Not sure if they'll send them direct or via Rfd.
    Have a look, the bullets really perform (as long as you follow the slightly different reloading procedure) with 100gr 6.5 taking stags and hinds.
    GS Custom Bullets - Designed in South Africa - Proven on the toughest game on the planet.
    GS Custom - T2Ammo