Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when is it going to stop

when is it going to stop

when is this wind going to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need to go zero a new rifle and it's 30mph with gusts up to 70mph...garden furniture all over the lawn..every day...

seriously, if anyone here is from the Duns region, you must know what I'm talking about, I'm actually thinking moving might be necessary if it doesn't get better....

rant over, just frustrating

I was planning on doing the same at our club shoot tomorrow, but it's no better here in Northumberland

I'm just south of the border from you and its the same here, pig sick of it. I think tomorrow is down to 10mph according to BBC weather

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    when is this wind going to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need to go zero a new rifle and it's 30mph with gusts up to 70mph...garden furniture all over the lawn..every day...

seriously, if anyone here is from the Duns region, you must know what I'm talking about, I'm actually thinking moving might be necessary if it doesn't get better....

rant over, just frustrating

Peter, just run along to Braidwood clays & use the pipe range! Or if you're heading Edinburgh way drop into Morton clay & use their range; it's what they're for.

A perfect example of why it's handy to be an all round sportsman. If the weathers no good for the rifle there's a good chance it would be worthwhile taking the shotgun out.

i imagine there's a few people having some good sport on the pigeons and crows in this wind.

novice

You need a tunnel range!
    It's also worth considering zeroing at much closer range. ie, if you know that your rifle shoots one inch low at 25m, just zero it one inch low at 25m. That way the wind will have negligible effect.
    You'll get a tighter group too!
    MS

If you fancy a drive to Sutherland the Highland Shooting Centre near Bonar Bridge has got a 100 meter underground range. Probably a bit far though......
    So much to learn and so little time left

Dead calm here in the Black Country, suns blazing as well, tee shirt weather

Ok, I'm lying, it's blowing it's head off here as well ............ but the sun is blazing down

Same here, March in like a lion as they say. Got my newly re barreled rifle back and would like to get it zeroed out to 150 instead of the 40 odd I've tried so far.

Shirt Off, sunbathing, after mornings work in the garden. gentle warm breeze.

Off out about 4pm.

If its blustery you can zero at 40 yards