Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Practice Even 31st March 2015 Crooklands nr Kendal

Best Practice Even 31st March 2015 Crooklands nr Kendal

dear all,

please see attached flyer for a Best Practice Event hosted by the Deer Initiative at the Crooklands Hotel, Crooklands near Kendal Cumbria at 19:30hrs on 31st March 2015.

The speaker will be John Thornley MBE, who will speak about Risk Assessments.

Entry fee is 5.00 per person on the door.

An excellent opportunity to hear John speak about this vital aspect of Deer Management on any area.

If work permits, count me in!

This has got to be worth a fiver - I am going and I am a Yorkshireman!

it's a shame we could not have organised UKSHA onto this talk as we won't want anything for doing it, all goes towards animal welfare and bring in people for a good talk. If the deer dogs night would have been a fiver it could have been a great success, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    it's a shame we could not have organised UKSHA onto this talk as we won't want anything for doing it, all goes towards animal welfare and bring in people for a good talk. If the deer dogs night would have been a fiver it could have been a great success, atb wayne
    Exactly the point I was making on another thread earlier today Wayne, seems to me so many people and large organisations are trying to milk the cash cow dry
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

I must say well-done to Andy for sorting this, Risk assessment is so important in todays climate. When we run BP events or competence days up here they are run on a not for profit basis and they have been well supported. The last day we ran cost 10 all proceeds went to charity. You mention the dogs for deer day Wayne and the price charged near a hundred notes. Is it any wonder it failed.Tony and Richard if you want my opinion don't let the cash blind you build up on what is important (BP Education).
    The DI have done well with this and I hope they can again join with SNH and get educating the new deer stalkers the way they did in the passed.

The 5 fee is going towards the cost of the room hire and to cover travel expenses.

The DI have arranged this and it cannot be further from the truth to suggest anyone is "milking the cash cow dry" ,,,,utter tripe.

Johns talks and experience in this field are second to none, I defy anyone to come and not learn something valuable.

Rm, with respect as this course is only a fiver my post was not aimed at this BP event but the vast amount of other events run at prices to make the eyes water, ie... If 6p can do a two day level 1 course at 200quid why are some others and the big organisations charging what they charge to do it ?
    Regards
    Jimmy
    P's. .... cash cow .....tripe..... I like it lol
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Best get this booked in! I no longer have any permissions that aren't asking to see this kind of paperwork. If John can make the process less painful, 5 is cheap. I know the beer's good, but what's the raffle prizes

Stay in the crooklands often with work. May just ensure I am in the area then