Troubling Article.

Cut+Squirt

As I sit here this morning slipping ones coffee and browsing through this morning news, my eye is caught with the following bold headline. . 'CHILDREN AS YOUNG AS EIGHT GIVEN GUN LICENSES'

Even before I click the link my nose is twitching with the aroma of sensationalism, mixed with a healthy dollop of journalist s.h.I.t.e talk.

Upon clicking the link the first thing my peepers are met with is a photo of a child, hand outstretched looking as if he has just discovered Pa's Glock hidden in the bedroom table.

The photo dosnt even illustrate the content of their 'non story' which is actually about shotguns.

To give the photo a bit more impact they could have shown Ma's vibrator tucked in there as well. . .it would have had as much to do with shooting in the UK in 2015 as a semi automatic handgun.

It's time that some of these journalists were brought to task before the misinformed actually start believing some of the rubbish they write.

Licensed to kill at eight: Children given shotgun certificates | UK | News | Daily Express

Last edited:
This comes up from time to time but we don't have juniors causing atrocities and any sensible person knows instinctively that no one is issued a gun licence of any sort without sensible checks etc.

This comes up from time to time but we don't have juniors causing atrocities and any
sensible person knows instinctively that no one is issued a gun licence of any sort without sensible checks etc.

Ah, but we are under the watchful eyes of those airheads that make up the general population, people who like to think you could turn off the cows mooing & object to church bells during the night.

Cadex

Hmmm ... err .... I think you need to change your Sunday snooze-paper to something more intellectually challenging.

You've made the obvious connection. The Sunday edition of any weekly really isn't worth reading. It has no news value as it was drafted & written several days before. The weekend version of any national is much more popular than the weekday edition. It's recycled news, and the opinion and paper (waxed) on which it's printed isn't suitable even for toilet use.

As a much more popular standby it supports the more serious everyday journalism. but any claim to that virtue rings hollow as today's Express seems to prove. I'd recommend switching to something published by an independent news group or trust. The online Reuters UK service is free, and fairly impartial.

Back