Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommended scope

Recommended scope

I am looking at knocking a cheap .243 workhorse together and was thinking about trying new scope, looking 8x56 type power, I have zeiss and S and B on my other rifles but wondered how good new up and coming scopes are ie vortex etc any recommendations ?

Haven't tried Vortex so can't comment on the glass but what I will say is that with S&B or Zeiss if you buy well second hand you will always get your money back again should you sell. Hard to beat that in terms of value for money.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

I have 2 Votex scopes and they are very impressive for the money.
    bryn

what about a meopta they do a 7x50 or 7x56 and are really good value for money

I have both a S&B and a vortex, I do like the vortex scopes, and for the money they are great. The s&b in low light is still better, but if your doing more night work not a great problem.
    Your welcome to have to a look at mine as your local to me, I know hartlebury shooting supplies (near Kidderminster) stock vortex scopes to

atb
    simon

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    what about a meopta they do a 7x50 or 7x56 and are really good value for money
    As above Meopta 7x50 good clear glass and hold value.

Quote Originally Posted by Deklan View Post
    I am looking at knocking a cheap .243 workhorse together and was thinking about trying new scope, looking 8x56 type power, I have zeiss and S and B on my other rifles but wondered how good new up and coming scopes are ie vortex etc any recommendations ?
    I've just put a Yukon craft 3-12x56 on my .308. Illuminated reticle, 30mm tube Scott glass 235 ex demo. So far so good they do a 7x50 , 8x56 , 2-6x42 the glass is very clear.

Buying is good used Swarovski, S&B would be the way I'd go, great glass and will hold their value. The Swarovski Nova models have a 30 year warranty - therefore you could buy one of them and possibly still have a full 9 or 10 year warranty cover, obviously depending on year of manufacture

If are looking at building a true workhorse and want an 8x56, I would go for good second hand Zeiss, Swarovski, S&B, Docter, Khales etc.
    I have an old Pecar of my fathers that is nearly 30 years old. It has really been knocked around but still the performance of this old scope is fantastic. Sometimes you can get one that looks like a pig with faded blueing etc but is optically great.

Quote Originally Posted by Deklan View Post
    I am looking at knocking a cheap
    define cheap.