Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6mm for vermin

6mm for vermin

hi thinking of getting a 6mmbr for long range vermin control does any one know if the psni will give you a 6mm in n.ireland for this.
    thanks stephen

Page 108...
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-_Oct_2014.pdf

I don't know about NI but it's in the guidelines so you have a good basis for it. Last time I was in NI it was windy the entire time I was there so a .243 or, even better, a .264 would be much better at bucking that wind. you could argue that makes it easier to place shots and therefore more humane.
    I know you know that already but they don't and it needs pointing out to them.

Incase you can't be arsed to read through the guidelines, here is a screen shot:
    Attachment 53696
    Last edited by Greener Jim; 08-03-2015 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Greener Jim View Post
    Page 108...
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-_Oct_2014.pdf

I don't know about NI but it's in the guidelines so you have a good basis for it. Last time I was in NI it was windy the entire time I was there so a .243 or, even better, a .264 would be much better at bucking that wind. you could argue that makes it easier to place shots and therefore more humane.
    I know you know that already but they don't and it needs pointing out to them.

Incase you can't be arsed to read through the guidelines, here is a screen shot:
    Attachment 53696
    Thanks for that the more information I can put to them the better chance I have

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Good luch with getting a gentlemans calibre,

I love mine, I was out with it yesterday having great fun out to 400 in the wind,

Bob,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by stephentri View Post
    Thanks for that the more information I can put to them the better chance I have
    You're welcome mate. I like seeing people get what they want and need rather some half measure that the FEO suggests.

good luck with that. the police are not always helpful with the more unusual calibres. if not there is very little wrong with 223. I have used it for years with t he fc as a ranger and as a keeper, cheers

A great calibre. Accurate as all hell. I used one for a few years in Field Rifle and roos and foxes. It was a rifle I had a lot of confidence in. Plenty of power and range with lighter bullets. Mine was a bit fussy to reload for not as forgiving as the .243 but more efficient. However that was because I wanted <1/2 MOA.

I'm not 100% certain, but I was under the impression that they won't give anything bigger than 22cf for vermin.

If you consider 'fox and aolq' as 'vermin' conditions, then I have a 30 cal for fox.
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

I use a 6mm06AI for foxes. 3600fps with an 80 grain BT. Makes a mess, but brutally effective tool for the job. After all, you're not trying to tickle them are you!
    So much to learn and so little time left