Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how far north are muntjac?

how far north are muntjac?

only asking as my mate picked one up on the road that was hit by a car in Northumberland ,I didn't know they were this far north,ive never seen or heard of one being up here!!

must have fallen out of the van?

Given time, probably as far as people will want them to be.

M

Quote Originally Posted by dazz View Post
    only asking as my mate picked one up on the road that was hit by a car in Northumberland ,I didn't know they were this far north,ive never seen or heard of one being up here!!
    Whereabouts in northumberland

not far from Prudhoe mate

According to today's Sunday Times article on Lynx reintroduction, rampaging Muntjac have destroyed all the Nightingale nests on Mr Huntley's estate in Aberdeenshire. At this rate they'll be in Orkney by Christmas!

Last week I was traveling down the M6 and swear (90%) I saw a dead munty on the hard shoulder just north of Kirby Lonsdale, this was on the south bound side so it must have been thumbing a lift home.
    Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Last week I was traveling down the M6 and swear (90%) I saw a dead munty on the hard shoulder just north of Kirby Lonsdale, this was on the south bound side so it must have been thumbing a lift home.
    Wingy
    Yep, heading south after a holiday gorging on nightingale eggs in Aberdeenshire!

I would love to havea few Muntjac up here, sure they can be managed like any other deer species.They can’t be any more alien than a Beltex

^^ I would love to see some of our knackered woodlands regenerating, a few would become legion in no time. So would propose a line of lynx across the middle of the country to chew up any muntjac vermin that ventured north.