Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Many stalkers have a high seat in their backgarden?

How Many stalkers have a high seat in their backgarden?

Well I have a Panther and it overlooks a large field frequented by Fallow /Roe/Foxes /Rabbits.....!

Used to have one in a small wood on a steep valley side with 2 possible shots 1 into a bit of managed chestnut & 1 up a track to the entrance from the paddocks, the other was on the lower corner of same wood with a 180 degree view up & down the valley, Roe only, although being in the Tamar valley I was surprised not to see the odd red. I regarded it as my garden as I was less than 100yds from the house.

I no longer own the farm, however do retain shooting on all surrounding farmland, the seats which were all home grown, have over the years had many new parts!! & served well, they have been resurrected again just around the corner..

I have also just put up a frame for a raised shooting shelter within my parents garden, as the neighbours have been feeding up the resident foxes & I am fed up replacing their chickens, and need to deal with the culprits.
    Last edited by rick6point5; 08-03-2015 at 19:31.

well i can shoot from my bedroom window or the Balcony over the front door

working on the Field behind for perm so can then use the bathroom window

Quote Originally Posted by cervus View Post
    Well I have a Panther and it overlooks a large field frequented by Fallow /Roe/Foxes /Rabbits.....!
    I have one to shoot Charlie from when he has a fancy for my Chooks

ATB WB

hello cervus

sounds ideal - do you ask your wife to go and pick up the fallen for you ? I'm only jealous. I used to shoot from an apple tree in my dads garden, very cathartic as the trees were hard to establish due to deer damage ES

I have one, overlooks the ground at the back of the house, good for spotting and watching bats!
    It's the lean-to type, and is propped up against a Willow.
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

Attachment 53714

I install treestands in the backyard. Not for hunting but practicing. It takes a bit of getting used to sitting and standing for a long time on a short platform. And getting into position for a shot. If you can't master it at one foot you will struggle at 20 foot in a tree. It is very relaxing and I can see various birds and possums. Also it gets the dogs used to me being up the tree and they are small enough to have them sit on the platform. I used to use the olive tree but it was copping too much damage from the grippers on the stands, so a nice treated pine allows you to sit away.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Quote Originally Posted by mchughcb View Post
    Attachment 53714

I install treestands in the backyard. Not for hunting but practicing. It takes a bit of getting used to sitting and standing for a long time on a short platform. And getting into position for a shot. If you can't master it at one foot you will struggle at 20 foot in a tree. It is very relaxing and I can see various birds and possums. Also it gets the dogs used to me being up the tree and they are small enough to have them sit on the platform. I used to use the olive tree but it was copping too much damage from the grippers on the stands, so a nice treated pine allows you to sit away.
    I love your work!

Please, never change.

Bob
    "Men Who Stare at Deer."

I can shoot from my bedroom window. But I don't think the couple with two young children opposite would be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    I can shoot from my bedroom window. But I don't think the couple with two young children opposite would be impressed.
    I have sheep for neighbours