Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger options for CZ452

Trigger options for CZ452

Chaps, I'm just going back over older threads for research, but was wondering on people's thoughts on upgraded triggers for the 452. I have two, one in 22LR, one in 17HMR. The 22's is exceptionally heavy with a fair amount of slack before it breaks, and the HMR is less heavy but again the slack is there and it feels "gritty" as you pull it toward the point at which it breaks.

In terms of the options, I'd either have to surrender the guns to a gunsmith (less preferable as I'm using them virtually daily at the moment), or have to fit it myself.... which would mean it'd need to be doable by an utter dunce with limited tools!

Thoughts?

Make an appointment for the 'smith to fit a trigger mod like a Timney while you wait?.
    Shouldn't take long.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Rimfire Magic kits at 14 delivered will do a superb job of transforming your triggers into much better units. They really are a doddle to fit and if it's still not good enough for you then you can always get a drop in unit like the Timney and you haven't wasted much in the mean time.

Take them to brock and norris you won't be dissapointed !!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsim View Post
    Take them to brock and norris you won't be dissapointed !!
    You would have to a mechanically inept clown to not be able to fit a CZ trigger kit.

Ian.

Rimfire Magic so easy to fit , its as easy as brushing ya teeth as it turns bad trigger into a slick trigger not as good as a timney but far less

If you do fit one of the spring kits make sure you thoroughly bump test after as I had 2 separate 452s that failed the bump test on the lightest spring and one on the medium when bumped on a hard floor though nt on a carpeted floor.

There is also an adjustable sear option, can't recall who makes it though, apparently a bit fiddle to fit!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    You would have to a mechanically inept clown to not be able to fit a CZ trigger kit.

Ian.
    Very helpful.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

With the money you'd spend on a timney you'd do just as well to put it all against an Anschutz – no need for any fiddling then....

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    If you do fit one of the spring kits make sure you thoroughly bump test after as I had 2 separate 452s that failed the bump test on the lightest spring and one on the medium when bumped on a hard floor though nt on a carpeted floor.

There is also an adjustable sear option, can't recall who makes it though, apparently a bit fiddle to fit!
    Good advice, but not just after you fit it but on a regular basis. I fitted a yodave kit to mine as it had a trigger similar to the one the op described. I didn't use the lightest spring or the biggest shim, but erred on the side of caution and was still able to get a much improved trigger, that passed the bump test. But after putting several hundred rounds through the rifle, the trigger bedded in and it no longer passed the bump test, and quickly removed it.