Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 595 ejector spring

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

595 ejector spring

Anyone got any idea where to get one from,

My one is light and I have just checked it and it's very soft (no spring left in it) so its causing a weak ejection with the empty cases,

Thanks in advance

Bob,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

GMK will happily rip you............sorry, I mean supply you with a new one Bob. Must be via an RFD though. Can't be more than £25 for something as technical as a wee spring thingy from them.

hh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis Hunter View Post
    GMK will happily rip you............sorry, I mean supply you with a new one Bob. Must be via an RFD though. Can't be more than £25 for something as technical as a wee spring thingy from them.

hh
    Cheers HH, I have called them 7 times today and no answer I will speak to a local RFID to serif he can help, I just thought there could be someone on here that Lund another route for a wee spring, so not to get ....... Off by YKW.

Bon
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Blog Entries
    Heads up,

I just had a nice email confirming that they have them in stock at £42.00 , so I'm now trying a company in holland that do the same kit for 12Euros, not sure if they ship firearms parts outside the country to a non RFD

Bob

You'll probably find that the £42 part consists of spring, plunger and roll pin - so not bad value (if it does consist of these parts)

I would imagine that an engineering supplies company local to your area would have springs of the same diameter / length in stock…...

Its very rare for these to go wrong unless rusted through lack of care / maintenance

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    You'll probably find that the £42 part consists of spring, plunger and roll pin - so not bad value (if it does consist of these parts)

I would imagine that an engineering supplies company local to your area would have springs of the same diameter / length in stock…...

Its very rare for these to go wrong unless rusted through lack of care / maintenance
    Hi red,

The spring at some point in its life has been trimmed down to reduce the ejection of the case, now the action is a 6mmbr and it's even softer it's causing problems with the case on the odd occasion falling foul of the action and stoping me from reloading the next round,

I have looked at 2 local companies who have an engineering base and they had some springs more used for larger things,

I will have another look to night with a view to re:tempering the spring with heat and then drop it in water but I am of course worried that this may have to opposite effect,

Re: the cost I think you may be right bit I am in no need for any of the other parts so I'm going to have to live with it or find a spring on my own,

Regards
    Bob,

Most replacement parts from Tikka / Sako older models tend to come in parts "bundles" for example the bolt slide kit for the Sako AV - the only part that ever needs replacing is the small slide guide spring, but you have to get a slide, spring, "cir clip", slide spring guide and another small piece of spring steel which unless you're doing an overhaul are rarely needed.

Consider looking at MSC industrial or Cromwells - they may have springs of the right diameter which you could trim.

I can't advise on tempering and without an electric furness it will be difficult to get to the right temp (although u could wing it with a acetylene torch…)

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    If your worried about the spring being correct then try this.
    Your spring has been shortened and is therefore correct for tension apart from it is not long enough. Find a drill bit that is slightly smaller than the plunger hole and cut a small piece off of it to effectively create a spacer. The drill bit will be hard enough and you can mess about with the length until it is just right.
    Might cost you 50p for the drill and if it doesn't work and you make sure there's a little bit of solid left on the end you can still use it as it was intended. Lost nothing

I should add that you will need to watch out for the spring becoming coil bound, so slowly slowly
    Last edited by teyhan1; 17-03-2015 at 18:39.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Blog Entries
    Cheers lads

Ill give it all ago, as for J&P I can't see an email address, but I'll keep,trying,

Thanks

Bob.