Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brno zkk601 magazine conversion

Brno zkk601 magazine conversion

Hi all. Has anybody on here ever converted the 601 from the standard base plate to a detachable box magazine?

Cheers owain.

That's a no go I'm afraid. The receiver has internal feed lips for the cartridges. You can get single stack mags for military mauser 98 floorplates, so your only option is to replace the floor plate with military m98 and then purchase the single stack mags from the US which are not really good looking and only take 3 rounds.

better leave as is tbh

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like a none starter then, just a pain when unloading to cycle the bolt a few times which I'm not really keen on from a safety point of view. Or opening the floor plate and dumping 3 or four rounds all over the deck.

The AI mags are single position feed with sort of a dual stack and come in 5 or 10 round variations. Probably would not have to touch the feed rails if you went that route. Sure it will stick out a bit but with a CZ 601 they ain't the prettiest anyway.

Might want to check with CZ and see if the trigger guard and magazine assy from the CZ 750 Sniper rifle will work.

SS

Had one for years no problem opening floor plate and catching rounds, also you don,t need to fully close the bolt to top remove, so no safety problem, just lack of knowledge and experiance.

Ok. Thanks so much for your helpful comment

I know someone that has done it. I will see if he will put a picture up.

You may be getting feed problems, which currently don't exist. Sometimes, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is a useful mantra.

Best wishes,

David.

One option my be to talk to Voere in Austria.

http://www.voere.at/en/rifle-technol...azine-kit.html

KR,

Scrummy

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Had one for years no problem opening floor plate and catching rounds, also you don,t need to fully close the bolt to top remove, so no safety problem, just lack of knowledge and experiance.
    +1 Taff. Prefer a hinged floorplate to a detachable magazine on a stalking rifle myself, I generally find it far more convenient. Now if I was fighting a war that would be another matter entirely.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.