Thread: K31 bayonets

K31 bayonets

For anyone who also target shoots:

Fans of Swiss rifles may be pleased to hear that we can get genuine bayonets for the K31s.

These are genuine originals from Waffenfabrik Neuhausen / Victorinox and will fit the Swiss K11, K31 and ZFK55 rifles. They come with scabbard but no frogs. They may or may not have a serial number and may have a little rust or weathering.

Price is 75.

Please let me know by e-mail not PM: sales@jdreloading.com

Jon
    JDR GUNS LTD - jdrguns.com
    RFD no: 36/2511
    Find us on Facebookand Twitter

Ooooo...... almost tempted !

dame nice these i have a 57 mint

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    For anyone who also target shoots:

Fans of Swiss rifles may be pleased to hear that we can get genuine bayonets for the K31s.

These are genuine originals from Waffenfabrik Neuhausen / Victorinox and will fit the Swiss K11, K31 and ZFK55 rifles. They come with scabbard but no frogs. They may or may not have a serial number and may have a little rust or weathering.

Price is 75.

Please let me know by e-mail not PM: sales@jdreloading.com

Jon

What may I ask is the Frog?

its the leather part that holds the scabbard to the belt , ribbit

The K31 bayonets are here:

K31 bayonets

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    its the leather part that holds the scabbard to the belt , ribbit
    Cheers Paul, just curious again, any idea why its a frog?

Can anybody supply the part or suggest how to make it, that would enable me to attach one of these to a stout stick to make a spear?there are occasions abroad where there are too many dogs milling about for firearms and prompt action is called for.the end 6"of a scrapped Swiss rifle would be perfect. Suggestions welcome, regards todhunter

I got this from anyother collecter.
    Frog is derived from the Middle English frogge and from Old English frogga. It is a loop fastened to a belt to hold a tool or weapon. A very ancient word that goes back before the invention of the bayonette.
    or
    I think the word frog, a thing to put your bayonet in, comes from the good relations between England and France those days.

but I think it is this:
    - A fastening for the front of a coat or any similar garment, often made ornamental by the use of embroidery or braiding, and consisting generally of a spindle-shaped button, attached by a cord, and corresponding with a loop on the opposite side of the garment.n. The loop of the scabbard of a bayonet or sword

A French had the nickname: Frog. So were do you put your bayonet in? in a Frog!!
    This bacame very popular during Napoleontic wars.

Hey matey, put your bayonet in that frog!
    Its your choice feller but The word frog traces back through the Medieval English word frogge, to Old Norse frauki, to the Sanskrit words pravate (meaning "he jumps up") and plava ( "frog").
    for such a small word it has some meanings that are far and wide ,lol

I'm no leatherworker but the scabbards all have a leather tongue of about three inches long and half an inch wide. Some of the tongues are perforated so that they can poke through and then fasten to the frog as seen in Rick's photo above. Where they're not perforated, it should be relatively straightforward to get that done with a punch and careful use of a Stanley knife.

I must say I am very impressed with the steelwork on the blades themselves. One or two of them give a lovely ring when drawn from the scabbard or tapped on a hard surface.