Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An SD exlcusive: the Moby Dick Playmobil set!

An SD exlcusive: the Moby Dick Playmobil set!

I know it's not deerstalking, but it is hunting: I have finally completed the assembly of the Playmobil Moby Dick set for YPM's bath time. I don't care what anyone says, this is one of the coolest things that's ever been done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MobyDickPlaymobil.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	260.1 KB 
ID:	53794

How cool is that, but the guy in the yellow hat looks sea sick
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

looks like a picture from the SD sea fishing day a couple of years ago
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    How cool is that, but the guy in the yellow hat looks sea sick
    You mean Ishmael? Well he's being dragged along at 30mph by a really angry huge great sperm whale on a boat made of matchsticks, he's having a tough time of it! I mean it's all Queequeg can do to hold on for dear life to the gunwales after launching that harpoon.

isn't the whale the wrong colour?!

Quote Originally Posted by andyf View Post
    isn't the whale the wrong colour?!
    Well Playmobil don't make an actual Moby Dick figurine, but the beauty of the system is that your imagination's the limit. And I'm imagining that this whale is white... Actually it scared the daylights out of YPM when I dropped it in his bath yesterday evening. Admittedly it did look like there was a great big fish in there suddenly. But he does like the simplified, illustrated story that I read him. So we shall now reintroduce this set in context, with the story. Then we can play Moby Dick...

then you can tell him the whole story ,that if it where not for the whale industry there wouldnt be any lights,then lamplight,then longer hours working ,then street lights.then less crime ,then night shifts, more production, the industrial revolution all around the world ,then mass production, up to today,THEN BLOODY CAMERON and his cronies,atb doug,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    then you can tell him the whole story ,that if it where not for the whale industry there wouldnt be any lights,then lamplight,then longer hours working ,then street lights.then less crime ,then night shifts, more production, the industrial revolution all around the world ,then mass production, up to today,THEN BLOODY CAMERON and his cronies,atb doug,
    Well I'd sort of planned on stopping at:

"[...] On the second day, a sail drew near, nearer, and picked me up at last. It was the devious-cruising Rachel, that in her retracing search after her missing children, only found another orphan."

pretty cool I wonder if my daughters would like one for their bath"honest"
    You will of course have to explain that Ahab was an early equal opportunities employer and that of course it's wrong to hunt anything and actually it was only harpooned for scientific purposes!