Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QD Mounts

QD Mounts

I've recently fitted a picatinni rail to one of my rifles and would like some QD mounts to allow me to remove the scope and replace without loss of zero. Does anyone have any recommendations ?

SD Regular
    What scope Andy? There are a variety of options - Warne QD seem to hold well for me - I hear Leupold QRW are also good. Then there's Talley, Recknagel plus all the unimount systems. Budget is probably the key.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weaver-grand-slam-qr-rings.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	53804If it is a heavy scope mounted high, and rifle with a sharp recoil, I would go with the Warne or Leupold QRW, because they have a wide base, to give some resistance in leverage. I have used them both on .375 H&H and some light ( 6.25 lb ) .270s and .30-06.

Otherwise, I just bought a set of the Weaver steel QR rings with lever like the Warne, and they fit well, and seem sturdy. They come in matte and polished blue. I am using them on a Browning BLR in 7mm-08 with a scope which weighs only 11 ounces. They are lighter than the Warne and about 40% less in price.
    Last edited by Southern; 11-03-2015 at 18:56.

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    I've recently fitted a picatinni rail to one of my rifles and would like some QD mounts to allow me to remove the scope and replace without loss of zero. Does anyone have any recommendations ?
    Burris, Seekins, Third Eye Tactical, Nightforce, Spuhr, to name a few. Rings Archives - Optics Warehouse

Scope Rings
    http://spuhrwebshop.com/en/mounts-for-picatinny/

I personally can't stand Warne rings, or any other rings that don't split horizontally. A lot of the designers of these rings clearly don't shoot or ever try to use their products. I use Burris rings mainly, but I've yet to find the ideal set of rings. I do like the rings with built in levels, but haven't seen one that goes quite low enough yet. The Burris Signature Rings are a good concept, but poorly executed. I do think Picatinny rails are the way to go, but rings that adjust easily just don't seem to be out there yet.

Regards JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 11-03-2015 at 15:48.

I don't have JCS's depth of experience but I do use my Warne QD's to switch my scope between two Steyr Scouts (.243 and .308) and they're faultless in operation so I highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crosshair243 View Post
    I don't have JCS's depth of experience but I do use my Warne QD's to switch my scope between two Steyr Scouts (.243 and .308) and they're faultless in operation so I highly recommend them.
    I agree that the Warne's will work fine once the scope is installed in them. I just struggle with the initial set-up of the scope in Warne rings. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    I agree that the Warne's will work fine once the scope is installed in them. I just struggle with the initial set-up of the scope in Warne rings. Regards JCS
    Thats true, it does make initial Crosshair alignment slightly trickier but you do only need to do it once

Recknagel polyform QR's for me... Alan Rhone's customer service is excellent and the mounts come in 4 heights.

Alan Rhone Ltd - Home

atb

Fizz

I have a set of Leupold QR high mounts for sale on here if your interested.
    Fresh slots did enquire if they were still for sale, but as yet he hasn,t replied to PM.
    They are brand new in package, never fitted to rifle

SORRY NOW SOLD
    Last edited by needsy; 11-03-2015 at 21:45.

http://www.portaotticacontessa.it/

I have a look at these at the moment. First impression seems O.K. They seem to have a QD system that fits on a picatinny rail.