Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Customer car safe?? Struggling!

  1. #1

    Customer car safe?? Struggling!

    Hi all,

    I am looking for a gun safe that would fit in my car. i have a 2011 model saab 9-3 sports sedan, and would ideally like to have a safe fitted underneath the back seats. i can find a number of them for trucks and cadillacs etc in america but nothing for a car like mine, or anything in the UK for that matter!

    Does anyone know where i can get one, or if anyone can custom make one for me? ideally so that the back seats fold up and the lid of the safe is opened to reveal the guns underneath.

    Cheers,

    Mitch

  2. #2
    Talk to Nick at Teknik Engineering in Hereford - they design and make bespoke sheet metal items and I know they've made vehicle gun safes for other people.

    01432 341555

  3. #3
    Make one ? A bit of quarter plate, heavy duty hinge and a good lock, bob's your uncle

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Make one ? A bit of quarter plate, heavy duty hinge and a good lock, bob's your uncle
    I am not what you call a 'handy man'. in fact i dont even know what quarter plate is! would ideally like to modify the seats so that they flip up as well, rather than just plonking a safe in the car somewhere!

    Thanks for the info Adamant ill give him a call asap!

    Cheers,

    Mitch

  5. #5
    mereside on here will custom build you one.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchiet123 View Post
    Hi all,

    I am looking for a gun safe that would fit in my car. i have a 2011 model saab 9-3 sports sedan, and would ideally like to have a safe fitted underneath the back seats.
    Are you sure there is room under the seats for such an item?
    I know I have considered this but the relocation of the wiring loom, centre seat brace and shortage of depth under the actual seat is a major limitation
    Also the fact that the design of that seat in particular folds forward to accommodate the upright folding down IIRC and installing anything between seat and chassis would also block off any access to the fuel tank and pump


    car manufacturers are not in the habit of leaving large voids in cars




    you would be better off having a full floor slimline version in the boot IMO
    Last edited by bewsher500; 11-03-2015 at 20:01.

  7. #7
    I was going to ask why you actually need one - I wouldn't like to make that call to the old bill if the car was nicked (even though your guns were in a safe). Having them in the boot focuses the mind and keeps you closer to the HO guidelines / ticket responsibilities IMHO

    But then I noticed you live in Newport

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    I was going to ask why you actually need one -

    But then I noticed you live in Newport
    Panic room for when the car jacking occurs?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Are you sure there is room under the seats for such an item?
    I know I have considered this but the relocation of the wiring loom, centre seat brace and shortage of depth under the actual seat is a major limitation
    Also the fact that the design of that seat in particular folds forward to accommodate the upright folding down IIRC and installing anything between seat and chassis would also block off any access to the fuel tank and pump


    car manufacturers are not in the habit of leaving large voids in cars




    you would be better off having a full floor slimline version in the boot IMO
    Thanks very much for that info mate! I have no idea about mechanics of cars! you wouldve thought saab specialist wouold say thats not possible!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    I was going to ask why you actually need one - I wouldn't like to make that call to the old bill if the car was nicked (even though your guns were in a safe). Having them in the boot focuses the mind and keeps you closer to the HO guidelines / ticket responsibilities IMHO

    But then I noticed you live in Newport
    Haha yes mate i stick as close as possible to the HO guidelines! however, with the amount of dodgy people in newport, a lot of them would think nothing of breaking in broad daylight to steal parts of a gun!

    However a lot of them dont carry circular saws!

Similar Threads

  1. Struggling to group .222 and .243
    By Conor1 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 21:42
  2. Struggling to get 30 cal for reloading
    By diverdave in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 27-05-2013, 12:30
  3. *SOLD* Autosafe satellite S-5 car safe
    By daw in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-09-2012, 20:20
  4. For Sale In Car Gun Safe
    By JeffreyL in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 27-06-2012, 05:54
  5. Struggling to get?
    By tartinjock in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 06:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •