Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Certificate Fees hike from April

Certificate Fees hike from April

Last edited by 8x57; 12-03-2015 at 22:55.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I wouldn't mind paying more as long as things like renewals and one-for-one's were Guaranteed to be done in a Fixed and Reasonable time.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying more as long as things like renewals and one-for-one's were Guaranteed to be done in a Fixed and Reasonable time.
    True, although there won't be much choice. Pay up or you don't get one. To be honest, they haven't gone up for 13 years, so can't complain about those price increases really.

I thought thay had been on the cards for a while?
    Anyway I'm with Pedro. If the fees have been the same for years then why shouldn't they make adjustments. It isn't as if they've gone up enough to price anybody out, especially when you only need to fork out once every 5 years.
    My petty side is still glad that I paid the old rate back in December, and so have almost maximised my time before it gets more expensive
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

I like to think that the rise will enable better service from the plod and a uniform approach with forces adopting the same rules and not making things up as they see fit but I'll not hold my breath ....
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    I like to think that the rise will enable better service from the plod and a uniform approach with forces adopting the same rules and not making things up as they see fit but I'll not hold my breath ....
    Ditto, I'll also not be holding my breath tho....

If you were to give the service some do, & have the cheek to up the charges ... Trading standards or one of those telly progs would be looking at you.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

if it where the same exact service for everyone then yes i would pay up theres no question, but we wont get the same service or better an upgrade to a card system ,it will still be a shambles with both sides not knowing ,A the customer not getting a proper service and B the police doing it anyway they want and still not knowing what guns are out there or ammo, legal or otherwise,
    DONT START

It's true, the performance is sometimes excellent (although I've never had a problem) and sometimes abysmal. Personally with the way finances to the police service in general is going, I don't see them being able to improve things very much. BUT, if some forces can do a good job, why not others??

But I guess you can look at it like anyone else who offers their time, such as car mechanics, plumbers and so on. I don't know how long the average grant or renewal takes in time (I expect it'll vary a lot. A simple one, not so much, but a complicated one with enquiries with other forces or perhaps an applicant that has had a troubled past, more). I would say maybe an hour plus travelling costs for the visit and maybe another hour on enquiries elsewhere. What does that cost in terms of hourly rates?

but most of the infos allready on their databases or should be,mind you having said that they have just lost 500 peodophiles so im not holding my breath,
    DONT START