Leica geovid hd-b

Better than your eyes, porbably the best bins money could buy. Look at the reviews on line/on here and in shooting sports.

D

considering a pair of these in 8x42 what's peoples thoughts,
they will replace my Steiner 8x56 Rangers and a cheapy range finder.
what are they like at low light?

I have a pair... have also owned zeiss rfs and the older leica HDs... they are fabulous bins.. as has been said, probably the best out there, certainly from a technological point of view.. the glass is no better or worse than zeiss or swaro although the zeiss are noticeably dimmer in low light due to the laser receiver in the right barrel.... The only thing I would say is that, compared to the swaro rf bins, they are quite bulky... the swaros are much more compact but I personally don't like the sticky out bits on the barrels... makes them uncomfortable in my opinion and the elsectronics are slightly inferior..

If I had my time again however, I would have a difficult decision between the leicas and the swaros.... either would be good, the leicas taking it (just) in the electronics and optics, the swaros taking it (just) in the ergonomics! Would I swap them now I have them? not a chance! (famous last words!!! hahaha)

Slack Chamber had a pair for sale on here at a damned good price and as far as I'm aware had only been taken out of the box for a quick fiddle! give him a shout, he might still have them!

Buy second hand and save a load that's what I did just check the lenses spend the saving on lots of stalking

I have read a couple of reviews on these and they always come out very well, however I have also read that a few people preferred the 10 mag version as having a clearer image, I may have read that on this forum.

I have the 10x42s and really like them. Does anyone have a leica scope..or are zeiss and swaro z6i still the king?

If I do buy a set I'll get them new, their about £1850 at sportsmans,
and come with a five year warranty which is non transferable.
The online reviews look good

You need to order those asap... that is a pricing error, they are £2.4k everywhere... I had to buy mine in from Slovenia to get a half decent price and it wasn't as good as that!!!!

Mine are 10x42 I'm more than happy with 10x , hand held I don't notice any shake due to mag but I do rest them on my sticks aswell at times

I don't own a pair but I have to agree that they are better than the Zeiss and Swaro ones! I just cant afford them...

Back