Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoppes 009 copper solvent

Hoppes 009 copper solvent

Does anyone know where I can purchase the above, regards

009 s a lead solvent parker hale, hoppes 9 is for copper stinks like hell,not sure on where to purchase,cheers doug ,ps sports and outdoors on amazon i just googled it,not cheap either check out forest bore foam supposed to be very good,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 13-03-2015 at 15:17.
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    009 s a lead solvent parker hale, hoppes 9 is for copper stinks like hell,not sure on where to purchase,cheers doug ,ps sports and outdoors on amazon i just googled it,not cheap either check out forest bore foam supposed to be very good,
    I quite like the smell....association with being out shooting I suppose

i might be wrong i bought a can one day,rush of blood! not sure if it was that ,emptied the street everyone could smell it horrible i dont even remember if the stuff worked or not i binned it, you needed breathing apperatus, why doesnt someone do a small sticky of just the basic cleaning gunge for us thickos,stuff that works ,best place to pick up etc now i dont mind cleaning but i dont like shopping ,in other words im a lazy cleaner , ps i am not paying 26.00 for a 5oz bottle of anything,even if it attracts females!!!,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 13-03-2015 at 15:42.
    DONT START

SD Regular
    Hoppes No.9 Copper Solvent - Richard at Stalkers UK was where I bought my last lot as I remember. Some on the Bay of E. Excellent stuff!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

bore foam scrubber at uttings 11quid for largish can ,2 in 1 copper and carbon,
    DONT START

I have been using Hoppes #9 my entire life. It is kerosene and MEK ( methly ethly ketone), and a few other things. Doesn't take much on a patch to do the job.

Valkyrie rifles carry it. Tell him scotch egg sent you and he will charge you double
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by urx View Post
    I quite like the smell....association with being out shooting I suppose
    Me too! My oldest and fondest memories are triggered by the faintest whiff of No9 Hoppes. My girl friend says the same; it reminds her of the post hunt cleanup with her Dad.

A friend of mine opened a shiny new gunshop in Albuquerque, New Mexico many years back. I came in for the first time and he asked what i thought of it. I told him to spill a bottle of Hoppes No9 on the floor so it would smell less like a furniture shop and more like a gunshop!

It's been around for generations. Must work.~Muir