Hoppes 009 copper solvent

009 s a lead solvent parker hale, hoppes 9 is for copper stinks like hell,not sure on where to purchase,cheers doug ,ps sports and outdoors on amazon i just googled it,not cheap either check out forest bore foam supposed to be very good,

Last edited:
009 s a lead solvent parker hale, hoppes 9 is for copper stinks like hell,not sure on where to purchase,cheers doug ,ps sports and outdoors on amazon i just googled it,not cheap either check out forest bore foam supposed to be very good,

I quite like the smell....association with being out shooting I suppose

i might be wrong i bought a can one day,rush of blood! not sure if it was that ,emptied the street everyone could smell it horrible i dont even remember if the stuff worked or not i binned it, you needed breathing apperatus, why doesnt someone do a small sticky of just the basic cleaning gunge for us thickos,stuff that works ,best place to pick up etc:D now i dont mind cleaning but i dont like shopping ,in other words im a lazy cleaner , ps i am not paying 26.00 for a 5oz bottle of anything,even if it attracts females!!!,

Last edited:
I have been using Hoppes #9 my entire life. It is kerosene and MEK ( methly ethly ketone), and a few other things. Doesn't take much on a patch to do the job.

I quite like the smell....association with being out shooting I suppose

Me too! My oldest and fondest memories are triggered by the faintest whiff of No9 Hoppes. My girl friend says the same; it reminds her of the post hunt cleanup with her Dad.

A friend of mine opened a shiny new gunshop in Albuquerque, New Mexico many years back. I came in for the first time and he asked what i thought of it. I told him to spill a bottle of Hoppes No9 on the floor so it would smell less like a furniture shop and more like a gunshop!

It's been around for generations. Must work.~Muir

Warning !! As a former Hazmat Officer beware of unventilated use and never near pets...the "other constituents " in these types of solvents have a very low LED 50%/....without naming any, treat any make with extreme care.Everyone thought that Carbon Tetrachloride was "safe" for firefighting......not!! A known Liver Killer...just an example

Back